Page 144 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1506

Thread: OPMA is changing...

Quote Originally Posted by RadarDX View Post
    From that location, transmit the following stations: XEOYE-FM 89.7 MHz and XHSON-FM 100.9 MHz.
    Do you know from which site XHMM-FM 100.1 broadcasts? I think it broadcasts from the same site.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyFan93 View Post
    Do you know from which site XHMM-FM 100.1 broadcasts? I think it broadcasts from the same site.
    XHMM-FM transmits from Cerro del Chiquihuite in MVS facilities.

From 2017/04/12 the programming of the following television channels was changed due to the physical channel change
    Notice on the reprogramming of the TV and decoder, due to the change of transmission channel. Video of the channels: 44, 48 and 50.Name:  !.gif
Views: 97
Size:  2.0 KB.
    Last edited by RadarDX; 04-22-2017 at 12:49 AM. Reason: New video.

A doubt, a transmitter for Digital Television can broadcast on two different transmission channels (RF).

A doubt, a transmitter for Digital Television can broadcast on two different transmission channels (RF).
    What's going on here is that the old and new transmitters are on at the same time. I suspect that with the repack and channel change, Televisa retired some fairly old digital television equipment. There would be room for two transmitters if the analog set had been removed to install these.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

More new calls: XHOCU-FM for the new indigenous station at Ocumicho (Mpio. de Charapan), Michoacán. It will be on 97.3 MHz and be a class A station.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Something new's landing on the radio dial in Acatlán de Osorio, Puebla.

Radio TexMex 97.1 FM is just the second station won in IFT-4 to unveil more than ownership (after Radio Zócalo's Monclova rimshot in Cuatro Ciénegas). It is owned by Luis Fernández Álvarez Lasso and has spent the last two years as an Internet radio station. What makes it unique is that it calls itself the first radio station in Mexico to have a "migrant identity".

Meanwhile, Radio Sonora is trumpeting a coverage expansion to Altar, Átil, Oquitoa and Pitiquito municipalities, bringing it to covering 97% of the state's population. The frequency given, 91.5, and the municipalities mentioned suggest a power hike or potential shadows of XHSOA-FM in Caborca, which previously did not cover any additional population centers beyond Caborca. I suspect there is a shadow campaign going on to put in low-power Radio Sonora transmitters in those areas that have Telemax transmitters already. (With plans to reach more areas, the state government may soon take over from XHNUC-FM as the holder of the most FM shadows in the country!)

Let's do long-overdue unIDs tonight...

March 1999 VUD
    John Jefferson

Es, 1/15/99: "I'm pretty certain of XHUSS and XHGON since channel 2 had a Mexican baseball playoff game (Mexicali vs. ???) going with "Tecate" displayed frequently on the scoreboard and channel 4 had then 4-5 deep co-channel bars typical of XHBS Los Mochis. Tecate is in Sonora, and I suspect it was the game site."

Alright. We know Tecate probably was the beer sponsor (and not a place in Sonora), but baseball? In January? It's a good reminder that the Liga Mexicana del Pacífico is the winter league of Mexican baseball.

I concur on XHI, either Mochis or Obregón, being the station in question. Televisoras Grupo Pacífico has had a history of carrying games from the LMP (though Megacable is currently the rights holder). I've heard that their telecasts were actually Major League-quality at times.

Mexicali won the LMP in '98-99, beating Los Mochis 4-2, Guasave 4-0 and Culiacán 4-1. This game might have been during the Guasave series, as the final game of the season was January 27.

Given the playoffs, though, it's easy to imagine this being aired on all the TVP stations from Obregón to Mazatlán. Most of the league's teams at the time (with Mexicali and Hermosillo as the exceptions, maybe Navojoa as well) fell in the coverage footprint of TVP stations.

July 2002 VUD
    Kevin Redding

Es, 5/23/02: "Radio Mejor" mention on 93.9.

My guess is XHLZ-FM (Lázaro Cárdenas, Mich.) This might explain why Medios Radiofónicos Michoacán keeps the domain http://radiomejor.mx/ as its main domain.

July 2003 VUD
    Lenny Goldberg

Es, 6/13/02: XHCJX-FM. "IDed as "Exa-FM" . This station is near Mazatlan. How far is that from Ashland OR?? Could I have really heard this?"

Well, Mazatlán is 1,608 miles or so from Ashland. But XHCJX isn't in Mazatlán. It's in Bahía de Banderas, Nayarit. The distance on that is 1,797 miles. (Probably more than he bargained for!)

Quote Originally Posted by Raymie View Post
    Let's do long-overdue unIDs tonight...

July 2003 VUD
    Lenny Goldberg

Es, 6/13/02: XHCJX-FM. "IDed as "Exa-FM" . This station is near Mazatlan. How far is that from Ashland OR?? Could I have really heard this?"

Well, Mazatlán is 1,608 miles or so from Ashland. But XHCJX isn't in Mazatlán. It's in Bahía de Banderas, Nayarit. The distance on that is 1,797 miles. (Probably more than he bargained for!)
    Send that one to Lenny in the great DX shack in the sky. I'm sure he would have loved to have known he had a 2xEs station...we remember you Lenny.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

A few scraps from recent IFT documents:

-CDI stations: That third CDI station in San Sebastián, Chiapas, is indeed slated to broadcast from the XEVFS-AM tower. Likewise, and predictably, the San Quintín and Guelatao stations will shack up with the existing AM facilities, and the STLs will be converted to digital operation.

-Permit discontinuity in Jalisco: We have callsigns for facilities we already knew about: XEPBPV-AM and XEPBGL-AM. Can we please stop with these stupid templated callsigns?

-Speaking of Puerto Vallarta, it appears Rate Cultural y Educativa de México also asked for a station in Puerto Vallarta, whose economic analysis is still pending.

-What is going on at the Universidad Autónoma Chapingo? That new concession they received is for XECHAP-AM... 1130. (Reminder: They already have XEUACH-AM 1610). Permit discontinuity *and* a move off the X-band? That'd be a new one. 1610 AM is wide open for a long distance. 1130 became available in Texcoco when it disappeared in Toluca.

Imagen TV had four more transmitter sites show up in the RPC this week:

XHCTAG: http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/91927...71614_6184.pdf
    XHCTCR: http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/91928...72012_6834.pdf
    XHCTLE: http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/91930...72350_6927.pdf
    XHCTVE: http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/91929...172216_759.pdf

XHCTLE is noteworthy because its ERP is the lowest to date for Imagen TV: 10 kW. That's it. The others are 100, 40 and 25 kW, respectively.

Thread Information