Page 138 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1660

Thread: OPMA is changing...

Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

I'm putting this here because, well, I need help.

Can someone find me Privada del Fraccionamiento Villa de Loma Real S/N, Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas?

I have turned up that XHUD-FM moved from its migration auth (and dropped ERP to 9.64 kW) but can't find any other info, especially with the address given.

Radio Núcleo's XHTGZ-FM is also here.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

A guess (and without further evidence this is just a guess) is Central Norte 2270, 16-46-24N/93-07-44O. There's a large tower (large enough to support multiple FM stations) at that address. I don't see anything broadcast but the Street View photo dates to November 2015.

There is a nearby street Loma Real which Google Maps identifies as the center of a neighborhood of the same name. The Central Norte tower is clearly visible from this street. I see no other towers large enough for broadcast in this neighborhood.
    Doug Smith W9WI
    Pleasant View, TN EM66
    http://www.w9wi.com

Quote Originally Posted by w9wi View Post
    A guess (and without further evidence this is just a guess) is Central Norte 2270, 16-46-24N/93-07-44O. There's a large tower (large enough to support multiple FM stations) at that address. I don't see anything broadcast but the Street View photo dates to November 2015.

There is a nearby street Loma Real which Google Maps identifies as the center of a neighborhood of the same name. The Central Norte tower is clearly visible from this street. I see no other towers large enough for broadcast in this neighborhood.
    I just don't see FM bays, and the documents I have indicate it has to be there by 2015.

It's March 20th and XEN is still "La 69". Maybe the change will be in 21st because today is a non laborable day?

Quote Originally Posted by Gargadon View Post
    It's March 20th and XEN is still "La 69". Maybe the change will be in 21st because today is a non laborable day?
    Well, it was announced for Saturday, not Monday. Benito Juárez's birthday might factor into things, but that's kind of a long shot.

I'm not seeing that post on Facebook, though it's still up on Twitter. Curious indeed...

What's this?

http://trion.fm/

Looks like some sort of new thing from Radio Fórmula involving (so far) XHACE Mazatlán, XHEOM Coatzacoalcos, XHACN León and XHETF Veracruz.

It seems geared toward a younger audience but maintaining the "major" RF news programs. Here's the blurb from the site, which mentions also HD carriage in Mexico City:

"TRIÓN es fundamentalmente música, noticias, redes sociales, entretenimiento, lifestyle, videos, contenidos de humor y conciencia. Es también un nuevo canal que pueden escuchar aquí, en vivo vía streaming, pero también en las FMs de Grupo Fórmula del país, en HD en la ciudad de México y en las estaciones afiliadas.
    Especialmente podrán seguirnos en Facebook, pues es ahí donde encontrarán nuestros videos promocionales, canciones, contenidos únicos y especiales, además de seguir nuestras promociones.
    Hemos creado una fuente de entretenimiento indie alternativa, diferente a todo lo trillado que escuchan por doquier. TRIÓN explora nueva música cada semana y rescata lo mejor de los 90s y 2000s."

They also had quite the launch party in León for it. I never thought Fórmula would be up to this...

Plus, we get this photo from Plaza Vela, which I call the radio heart of the port of Veracruz. It should be immediately apparent why...

(Not shown: XHWB-FM, also in that building!)

Hmmm, ¿qué es la radio Trión? (mistyped previously as Sción)

Raymie sends me an email telling me these four stations have flipped to something called Trión.... (mistyped previously as Sción)

91.3 XHACE Mazatlán
    98.5 XHEON Coatzacoalcos
    107.1 XHACN León
    106.1 XHETF Veracruz

He tells me he doesn't really know what to call their format. SO - I run to their website to see if they have a live stream. Actually they do - four in fact.....

Mazatlán
    Coatzacoalcos
    Bajio (León)
    Veracruz

I tried each one out. The Mazatlán stream was horrible, continually cutting out (something in their audio, not the stream). Coatzacoalcos and León were okay, but low volume. The Veracruz stream was steady, but almost over-modulated. Maybe the internet techs for Radio Fórmula are still working out the bugs.

So I left it on the Veracruz stream for more than a half hour, to see if I could get a peg on their format.
    Hmmm....
    Songs like "Wild Horses" by Bishop Briggs
    "Bizarre Love Triangle" by Frente!
    "On Hold" by The XX

Is this just plain old acoustic alternative??? And EE songs to boot? Maybe someone else knows. Audio clip attached of a live stream recording.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 03-22-2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Edit - corrections, as in, removing the egg from my face :-)
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thomas View Post
    I tried each one out. The Mazatlán stream was horrible, continually cutting out (something in their audio, not the stream). Coatzacoalcos and León were okay, but low volume. The Veracruz stream was steady, but almost over-modulated. Maybe the internet techs for Radio Fórmula are still working out the bugs.

So I left it on the Veracruz stream for more than a half hour, to see if I could get a peg on their format.
    Hmmm....
    Songs like "Wild Horses" by Bishop Briggs
    "Bizarre Love Triangle" by Frente!
    "On Hold" by The XX

Is this just plain old acoustic alternative??? And EE songs to boot? Maybe someone else knows. Audio clip attached of a live stream recording.
    Trión, not Scion... I actually posted about it above... (You also have it as Sción in the DB)

I am absolutely HORRIBLE at cataloguing station formats unless they are obvious or a network format (though Capital FM I see described as "pop" when some of its stations' playlists are more AC or classic hits).

What is clear is that it's aimed at a younger audience. Something Radio Fórmula certainly can't get with its news/talk shows.

Also, still can't find Radio Fórmula Veracruz's transmitters. They're almost as frustrating as any of the ZER social wolves.

Is there an emoji for *egg on my face*??? I knew it was Trión all along and didn't even REALIZE I was typing a typo!!! Maybe I didn't get enuf sleep last night. Hmmm. DB has been corrected. I would make a correction to my previous post but that wouldn't be wiping the egg off my face.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Thread Information