We got an avalanche out of the IFT today, hoo boy.

I'm going to start with the radio news in the form of six new callsign and frequency assignments.

If you're in Tangancícuaro, Michoacán, you'll soon be able to listen to Grupo Cultural Tangancícuaro's community station, XHTGM-FM 99.5.

Álamo Temapache, Veracruz, gets its second social station when Ageo Hernández Hernández puts XHATV-FM 104.3 on the air.

Jorge Luis Salazar Mandujano will put Bochil, Chiapas, on the radio map with XHBOCH-FM 95.7.

The next three are all...weird, and I don't know why.

Rate Cultural y Educativa de México will come to Puerto Vallarta on XHPECR-FM 88.7.

XHPECD-FM on 89.7 MHz has a long callsign, a long concessionaire name (Ciencia, Comunicación y Tecnología de Irapuato) and a long city name (Dolores Hidalgo Cuna de la Independencia Nacional, Guanajuato).

And the Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Hidalgo will add its fourth semi-satellite to the UAEH radio network with XHPECW-FM 102.1.

———

The television news is a new virtual channel table, and there are changes galore to look at in it. While I know television is less and less useful, there are some interesting trends I want to point out.

One is that Televisa is trying to get a hold on 9 in more places. A bunch of their regional stations were already on it, and now more have joined, from Torreón to Acapulco. Additionally, XHMEE moved to channel 10 (9 is unavailable in Mexicali for border reasons), XHCLV to 13, and XEWO to 8.

Multimedios also made its move to 6 official, but it did not bring along its affiliated non-owned stations (XHPNW and XHSDD). XHSAW will ensure that MM retains channel 12 in Monterrey.

It also appears as if some reservations are being made for new assignments, besides Multimedios on 6. The others would appear to be:

Tele Saltillo on 10
Quiero Media on 10 (the XEWO to 8 move had to be a nightmare)
Compañía Periodística Sudcaliforniana on 10 (BCS only, not Puerto Vallarta)

Additionally, there was a callsign change! An honest-to-goodness callsign change! There were PSIP clues as early as last week, but XHOPMA-TDT has become XHSPR-TDT. It's the first Mexico City TV callsign change since XHTRES took on that callsign in 2009.