Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164
Results 1,631 to 1,635 of 1635

Thread: OPMA is changing...

The Yucatán Peninsula was so under-developed radio-wise that there was plenty of room to migrate all the AMs. Some are combos, too.

Speaking of which...

The XHROJ Saga Gets Even Wilder

So we've established by now that QFM 104.3 XHROJ may no longer be the real XHROJ.

Well now it's time to establish another fact: it's no longer owned by Quequi.

The new owner gets us somewhere very interesting indeed. It's Grupo Acustik Media, which also operates pirate Acustik 95.3.

Legally, however, that C is a K, and Akustik Media, S.A.P.I. de C.V., made away like a thief in IFT-4 with just one station. While they were probably priced out of Quintana Roo, they got what they wanted in Peto, Yucatán, for the low, low price of 43,000 pesos: XHPYUC-FM. (Akustik also sold the Q. Roo state legislature ad time on QFM in June.)

XHPYUC's concession is signed for by José Gabriel Gutiérrez Lavín, who also founded Fundación Maya Cancún back in 2000 and last month became the chair of Atlante FC, Cancún's Ascenso MX soccer club.

That's not all! Another article reveals that Akustik is also behind Escápate al Paraíso, which escaped from the AM side of the auction with a haul of 12 stations. Akustik plans a national newscast and a new radio network picking up smaller stations across the country. They also apparently mounted a bid to expand to TV in IFT-6, which would be dashed by Telsusa, and for the Cancún IFT-4 station on 94.9.

And another report ties Quequi, Acustik and others to another governor.

This rabbit hole does not end.
    Last edited by Raymie; 11-17-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Wow, even could you log XETH-1290, XEESC-820 and XESE-1560? That ones were difficult to log. Even XETH, which it was near me, I couldn't get it until it migrated to FM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Hauser View Post
    I'm going thru Terry K's logs on his website (found 4 stations there) and will contact him after finishing (logs from 2010 to present). So far the count is 10 different stations logged by 8 different DXers with Terry's 4 and David Gleason's 4 (from PHX) being most so far.
    At http://www.americanradiohistory.com/...DFG-Mexico.pdf there is a batch of Mexican verifications from the early 60's from my NE Ohio DX location.

Included are

XEZ - 600
    XEQW -550
    XEA -1370
    XEVA - 790 (Neighboring Tabasco)

In the other one (Scottsdale), David also had

XEKV
    XESE

Kermit's file has a few additional interesting ones:

XEWM 1410 Villahermosa (became XEXJ and then XETAB in the late 60s)
    XEMH

No Quintana Roo stations ever made it, simply because there were so few and there wasn't much there! (XEROO in March 1964 and an XEKX on 620 were about it for most of the 70s. Cancún's first radio station was an FM, XHCUN-FM, which signed on in 1979. Quite a few stations appeared in the 80s.)

———

It appears as though XHINFO-FM 105.3 is slowly taking shape. The hires they've made clearly indicate they are going for the youth audience.

Joselo Fernández Prieto and Rodrigo González Calvillo joined the crew setting up the new station owned by Eduardo Henkel. Fernández Prieto had experience at CHRs before — Radioactivo 98.5 and Pulsar 90.5, namely —*and will be setting up the new station. They also plan to apparently refuse all public advertising (that they don't have to carry, of course). It looks like something fresh could soon be on the air, especially since this is essentially a new-from-scratch radio station.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Default Show me the IFT Document!

AKA, show me the beef!!

In researching transmitter locations, sometimes you come across a station in México that sticks out like a sore thumb but you can't find a single document on the AM or FM assignment. Are they a grandfathered assignment that SCT/Cofetel/IFT never bothered to keep track of an authorization, thus not being on the IFT website?

Case in point - XEUAG 840 AM & 90.7 FM
    , Radio Universidad Autónoma de Guerrero

Web - https://xeuag840.jimdo.com/
    FB - https://www.facebook.com/xeuag840/posts/198712830165591
    Google Maps street view - https://www.google.com/maps/@17.5567...7i13312!8i6656

And attached, their web-stream TOH. Is this a curiosity or an *already known about* assignment? Please somebody, show me the beef - uhhh - documents!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Ozark Mountain DTV dxing Daredevil

Dx Equipment - AntennaCraft MXU59 UHF antenna & homebrew version of AntennaCraft Y10-7-13 VHF antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Winegard HDP-269 12dB pre-amp; a Zenith DTT901 converter box & a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Thread Information