Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,443 of 1443

Thread: OPMA is changing...

Default The XHAVR-FM tower is hiding

Chasing after an elusive radio tower in Veracruz, that is currently a phantom tower. None other than that belonging to 89.1 XHAVR *in* Alvarado. But is it really in Alvarado?

Their *modificación de concesión* document is found here

The IFT says the tower coordinates are on the Antón Lizardo Highway, which runs from Boca del Río to Antón Lizardo, which is about a 25 km stretch. Its suppose to be on the Rancho el Tepeyac. I wore Google out trying to find that. You'll find the name Tepeyac all around México, but I did not find a Rancho by that name in that area. The IFT also says the tower is at KM 3.5 on the highway.

I took a drive on Google Maps, headed S-SE out of Boca del Río (150) and decided to start directly in front of the Superama. I didn't go very far when I found this KM marker...
    https://goo.gl/iAIbLV

I went a bit further and didn't find the 4 KM marker. I was scanning the country side looking for anything that looks like radio towers. Further down 150 I saw two towers (maybe at 5 KM) coming up on the right. They look like cell towers.

My pursuit continues. If Raymie ever finds it, I hope he will post the news here.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thomas View Post
    Chasing after an elusive radio tower in Veracruz, that is currently a phantom tower. None other than that belonging to 89.1 XHAVR *in* Alvarado. But is it really in Alvarado?

Their *modificación de concesión* document is found here

The IFT says the tower coordinates are on the Antón Lizardo Highway, which runs from Boca del Río to Antón Lizardo, which is about a 25 km stretch. Its suppose to be on the Rancho el Tepeyac. I wore Google out trying to find that. You'll find the name Tepeyac all around México, but I did not find a Rancho by that name in that area. The IFT also says the tower is at KM 3.5 on the highway.

I took a drive on Google Maps, headed S-SE out of Boca del Río (150) and decided to start directly in front of the Superama. I didn't go very far when I found this KM marker...
    https://goo.gl/iAIbLV

I went a bit further and didn't find the 4 KM marker. I was scanning the country side looking for anything that looks like radio towers. Further down 150 I saw two towers (maybe at 5 KM) coming up on the right. They look like cell towers.

My pursuit continues. If Raymie ever finds it, I hope he will post the news here.
    Believe it or not, that site is in the municipality of Alvarado. Put in the coords and go to older versions of Google Street View to see the stick which was dismantled at some point in 2015 or early 2016.

What I need to find is an FM stick. There were no FM bays *ever* on the Alvarado tower. I suspect XHAVR and XHETF have moved to a common tower site (as is the case with other Fórmula clusters) somewhere in Veracruz or, in my personal opinion, Boca del Río.

XHETF didn't have any facilities at where they were listed, in a dense, older area of the city of Veracruz.

The photos on Street View are not recent enough to see if there is an FM facility at Plaza Vela, where RF recently set up shop. Even given that, it is worth noting that there are three separate FM radio studio facilities in the same shopping center. (Here's a picture of the XHPR-FM sign during its short lived Ke Buena era.)

I suspect that within a couple years, Radio Fórmula Veracruz will move its transmitter facilities to the new Exertia tower from the same developer which is currently under construction behind Plaza Vela. But right now, there are no clues. I sent a message to them on their website contact form and have not heard back.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

XHVMT-FM may be an existing radio station going legal (and changing frequencies).

Its studio address was revealed by the RPC this week. It's hard to find because the actual street name (Jazmín) isn't in Google Maps.

But I did find an FM stick on an "unnamed" street in the same colonia: https://www.google.com/maps/@17.3356...7i13312!8i6656

"La Nueva 100.3 FM" has a Facebook page. It also has a story in which the station owner was kidnapped and murdered in 2010 (note the "DEP Jorge Alberto Vera Carrizal" text above the door; some sources say 2013, but it's definitely 2010 based on this Street View shot). In 2015, the owner of *another* station in Juxtlahuaca was also killed.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Thread Information