Page 110 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1661

Thread: OPMA is changing...

Quote Originally Posted by Gargadon View Post
    Even I don't know why that move. XHCAN has changed frequencies more often than a pirate one
    ¡Es más pirata que Pirata FM!

Though in all seriousness, XHCAN's station history takes the cake for its strangeness. Not just three frequency moves in under two years, but the 27-year delay in awarding the concession, which I've written about before because it sticks out like a very sore thumb (and is connected to a former Mexican president). It's one of the newest commercial radio stations in a country that hasn't licensed a new one in more than twenty years.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

I have yet to catch Cancun on FM or TV, even from the FL Keys. Awkward location---too far for Tropo, too close for Es. However if my radios are sensitive and selective enough to shake off 97.7 in Marathon in the Keys, I might have a shot at 97.5 down there---I will say that 90.7 is fairly clear down there, and XHQOO has not appeared.

cd

Finally, SOMETHING about one of those new concessionaires:

http://despertardeoaxaca.com/llama-a...ura-de-ejutla/

Looks like one of the stations from Colectivo Oaxaqueño para la Difusión de la Cultura y las Artes (abbreviated Codiculta) is operating already. This article is about the Ejutla de Crespo station "Radio La Ejuteca" which appears to operate on 98.1 MHz. The Miahuatlán station may be new.

Meanwhile...

-Reports from Villahermosa that the Imagen transmitter there is now on. It looks like we're talking a matter of days to see most of the network come on line.

-XHABC (Chihuahua) will go digital October 1, apparently with intermittent authorization (which may mean it will use RF 28 instead of its assigned RF 34).
    Last edited by Raymie; 09-28-2016 at 01:16 AM.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

XEJ is now promoting 50 (conveniently, their RF) instead of 56. Looks like the stations where a "swap" effect was most prominent wanted other numbers.

——

The pace of Imagen sign-ons is accelerating. Today, after more than 20 years, channel 3 returned to Mérida.
    Last edited by Raymie; 09-29-2016 at 02:17 AM.

"They're Trying to Take Our Radio Station" rolled on with an attempted closure of a station at Temoac, Morelos.

Amiltzinko 100.7 was the target of the latest closure. Residents refused to let the federal police in and they actually backed down!

Locals attribute the desire to quash the station to the community's opposition to a major gas pipeline project. The station has been on air since November 2013.

Word from Tuxtla Gutiérrez that Imagen has signed on channel 27.1.

27 is the correct RF for the central Chiapas transmitter (likely calls: "XHCTSC" given that San Cristóbal is the lead city in the coverage area).

One problem: THERE'S NO AUTH!

Chiapas was one of the few states where there simply was no authorization. (It joined Aguascalientes, BCS and Nayarit in not being drawn into any Imagen coverage areas.)

There are two potential SPR locations, as the SPR has transmitters in both San Cristóbal in Tuxtla.

Televisa's in a bind in western Oaxaca. It's so bad they've shut off their Pinotepa Nacional stations.

The problem? The transmitters for XHPIX and XHPNO are located at Santa María Jicaltepec. In the 1980s, when XHPNO was built, the town got a paved road leading to it (hmmm). Televisa has paid a small sum annually to rent the land and for improvements such as pavement.

But the locals (the town is also 100% indigenous) are telling Televisa to pay up or no. They had paid an annual rent for the land and property on which the stations sit. The local ejido got a new president who demanded a major rent increase from Televisa. If they didn't pay, the professor said, "I won't respond because of what the people might do to your staff or your facilities". In order to ensure the safety of their employees, Televisa decided to go dark from the site, leading to a loss of service for 150,000 viewers.

There was also a statement that, depending on what the locals in Jicaltepec said, there might be a decision by Televisa to build a facility just to provide service to Pinotepa Nacional only. However, XHPIX/XHPNO broadcast to quite a few communities in western Oaxaca and far eastern Guerrero.

There was big news for the Canal del Congreso this week; besides the approval of increased autonomy, they got 1500 square meters of land on Cerro del Chiquihuite to build their own tower. They had been sharing space with Canal 22 and will save 9 million pesos a year by building out their own facilities.

Meanwhile, Querétaro and Oaxaca transmitters for Imagen are now on air.

Rewriting a Piece of Mexican FM History

When I first began researching Mexican FM history a couple of years ago, I learned the story of the long-gone first FM in the country, XHFM 94.1 in Mexico City. It operated between 1952 and 1957 and was known as Radio Joya. The station met an untimely demise when its studios were lost in an earthquake.

Or so that's how the story went.

What if I told you the concession was still alive? Because it is.

You see, while XEJP-FM might have come on air in the 1970s, its concession date is December 30, 1952. And that concession history begins like so:

"...That on December 30, 1952, the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation ... awarded an authorization to begin activities to Federico Obregón Cruces, with the frequency of 94.1 MHz, callsign XHFM-FM, effective radiated power of 1 kW, en México, D.F...."

After XHFM collapsed in 1957, the concession was sold to Francisco Aguirre Jiménez in August 1958. It was Jiménez who changed the callsign to XEJP-FM by the late 1960s (with a new ERP of 3.14 kW), and by this time, Mexico City's station spacing had been shuffled 400 kHz down. In the 1970s (potentially 1974 when Radio Centro turned on a bunch of FMs), it came back to air ... and returned the Radio Joya name to Mexico City radio.

XEJP can reasonably claim itself to be, at least legally, the first FM in Mexico. It's not the weirdest concession his

Today the Imagen Televisión transmitter in Tampico came on the air with color bars and tone. It broadcasts a signal in physical channel 25 and PSIP channel 3. Its call sign is XHCTTA.

The picture is in 1080i HD in 16:9

Thread Information