Page 128 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1536

Thread: OPMA is changing...

The name and operation might have changed, but XEX remains sports.

It relaunched today as W Deportes, reportedly being entirely run by the Prisa side of Televisa Radio. With a rumored 2,000 layoffs looming over the media conglomerate, this was probably a cost-cutting move.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

So I just ran across a piece that mentions the IMER used to operate a station in Quintana Roo, and by that time they had also shed a station in Tlaxcala.

We know the latter is XHTLAX-FM, which signed on in early 1986 with some of its equipment salvaged from the 1985 Mexico City earthquake (!). But what could be the QR station?
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Turns out the U de O getting shut out from television — which occurred in the December 21 meeting — was more due to one station being available than anything else. Of course, that station in Culiacán went to the SPR.

As to the others:

XHFX's multiprogramming authorization is for Foro TV, the first time the service has been carried as a mux.

The UDG station at San Andrés Cohamiata is not getting the callsign they requested, for whatever reason. (My guess: they requested XHSAC-FM, which exists already.)

Commissioner Teja had the same worry I had about XHAGP being a religious wolf, which as you know is prohibited. Teja worried that the use of assigning concessions to members of a religious association to circumvent not being able to have an association own them was concerning.

XHOXO's multiprogramming authorization is also interesting. It's not Surestv. It's XHP, which will now be on the air in Oaxaca.

XHTTG's is for Telesecundaria programming as managed by the state government known as Ingenio TV — which, mind you, isn't the same one on the SPR transmitters. That was the subject of a good amount of debate over the need for multiprogrammed channels to have their own identity.

The meeting notes say that there was "a certain urgency to get this programming on the air because of the current educational situation in Chiapas". I'm guessing it has to do with striking teachers.

Raymie, please erase some old messages of your inbox, because I can't send you anything until you erase some. My issue is calculating the coverage área of some fictional stations giving its power. Please answer in inbox. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyFan93 View Post
    Raymie, please erase some old messages of your inbox, because I can't send you anything until you erase some. My issue is calculating the coverage área of some fictional stations giving its power. Please answer in inbox. Thank you.
    I've just cleaned a few more messages out.

We've got Mexico City radio ratings, and it's a grupera war at the top.

According to INRA, Ke Buena XEQ-FM pulls a 14.8 share while its competitor XEQR-FM La Z has a 14.1. Meanwhile, the pop battle is even closer — Exa FM at 8.61, Los 40 at 8.58.

Raymie, you have to delete all your inbox, it's always saying to me that you have exceded your space.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyFan93 View Post
    Raymie, you have to delete all your inbox, it's always saying to me that you have exceded your space.
    I hate clearing out old messages, but I've had to make more room for you.

Lucky you cleaned your inbox, I've sent you already info about XHJON.

While the XHTRO-FM callsign and social community concession were approved last month, La Perla de la Mixteca in Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca, is not a new station. It had been operating as a pirate on 96.5 (500 watts) for years, and it's now on 94.1, the frequency where its concession took it.

Unfortunately, there has also been some scary news out of this station this week, namely that one of its personalities received a death threat. Abigail Soraya Arias Cruz, who hosts the Despierta Tlaxiaco morning program, received a threatening phone call at noon on Tuesday. Her work has criticized the former municipal administration in Tlaxiaco which ended in 2016 when the mayor successfully ran for the state congress.

Thread Information