Page 154 of 164 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1634

Thread: OPMA is changing...

A few odds and ends items:

-Multimedios Radio found a better use for its 1450 AM station than simulcasting XET-FM; give it to a private university. U-ERRE (the public name of the Universidad Regiomontana) relaunched XEJM-AM as U-ERRE Radio recently. As XEJM went on air in 1957 and the university was founded in 1969, their station is older than the institution itself.

-Animal Político has another great report on El Fantasma. There are some real gems in that item.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Puerto Vallarta is still going after 20 rounds of bidding.

One of the bidders has to be Compañía Periodística Sudcaliforniana. But who is giving them such a run for their money?

EDIT: We'll never know, because that's who won in the 21st round and will pay over 20 million pesos.
    Last edited by Raymie; 08-17-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Is Telsusa the television version of Tecnoradio?

Legislators and a former head of Cofetel are calling on the IFT, who previously had said they didn't have the necessary elements to disqualify Telsusa from IFT-6, to take a look at the auction. IFT officials could be summoned to appear before legislative committees in the Chamber of Deputies and in the Senate.

Some people in the Orizaba-Córdoba area of Veracruz might be noticing it's getting hot, or rather, it's getting Caliente...

https://www.facebook.com/LaCaliente895FM/

XHFTI-FM has evidently flipped to La Caliente as of Thursday.

And the winner of the touted Mexico City There's Only One Commercial Radio Station Migrating Sweepstakes Is...

*drumroll please*...

...XEINFO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hoo boy. The IFT has some explaining to do on this one. At least Radio Educación will be pacified.

Edit: El Economista says 105.3, XHINFO-FM, and Radio Educación on 96.5.
    Last edited by Raymie; 08-21-2017 at 09:16 PM.

XHCVP often goes unnoticed, but it might be the most important social wolf of them all.

Which is why Gabriel Sosa Plata's weekly column with detail on XHCVP (and the other preexisting operations of Remigio Ángel González González in Mexico) is among the best pieces this year. It also mentions that Francisco Javier Sánchez Campuzano was a partner in González's station business between 1979 and 1987.

As to XHCVP, it's mentioned that Juan Hillman Hillman, the original legal representative of XHCVP when it was awarded in 1985, had just come off a three-year term as Municipal President of Coatzacoalcos.

It can't be encouraging for the marketplace that this guy has a reputation of low-grade content, a unique coziness and ability to make power players elsewhere in his massive Latin American media empire (he helped raise the profile of Otto Pérez Molina, the president of Guatemala who was later impeached, removed from office and now is in jail).

If XHCVP airs commercials, any commercials, from XHTVL, it would be violating the terms of its concession. Its 2016 social concession states...

"El objeto de la concesión es el uso y aprovechamiento de bandas de frecuencias del espectro radioeléctrico para la prestación del servicio de radiodifusión señalado, sin fines de lucro para el cumplimiento de sus fines y atribuciones, por lo que, en ningún caso, podrán utilizarse las bandas de frecuencias señaladas en el presente título para fines distintos." (emphasis mine)

———

It's time to figure out who's moving to FM and who's not.

Of the 41 second-wave migrants, eight have yet to be determined. The lucky stations for those final 8 frequencies will be selected by lottery sometime before the end of the month. In all but one case (Reynosa, XEOQ vs. XEGH), the choice is between multiple stations of the same cluster.

There were 96 applications filed of which 13 did not respond in a timely manner to continue their application.

They're listed by economic group, which makes it a little harder to figure out what's going on, but in some cases, it's evident.

Radiorama/Megacima (including regional partners)

RR and affiliates take home 8 new FMs:

3 in Nogales
    3 in Nuevo Laredo
    1 in Cacalomacan (Toluca), Edomex (XEQY)
    1 in San Bernardino Tlaxcalancingo, Pue. (XEZAR)

One Reynosa station will also be migrating from within this group.

Grupo Fórmula

Fórmula adds to its FM stable with new stations each at Guadalajara, Guadalupe-Monterrey, Nuevo Laredo (XENLT), and Nogales (XEHF).

Grupo ACIR

As predicted, ACIR comes away a migration winner with new FMs for the Guadalajara and Monterrey areas (XEMIA and XEOK).

Garza family

A family picks up one station at Guadalupe-Monterrey and one at Ciudad Camargo, Tamps. XEZD is the only radio station on AM in Camargo. It's unclear which Monterrey AM is being referenced.

Grupo Garza Peña

Picks up the Matamoros allocation and has a chance at Reynosa in a drawing against Ernesto Montemayor Ibarra (XEGH).

This is known more commonly as Grupo Gape (notice the abbreviation) and would be XEO (Matamoros) and XEOQ (Reynosa).

México Radio (ABC)

One of its Mexicali stations, along with one of its Guadalajara stations, will be selected to migrate. They also obtained migration for XEEG, in Puebla.

Grupo Radio Centro

One of GRC's Guadalajara stations, and two of the OIR stations in San Luis Río Colorado, will migrate.

Televisa Radio

XEWA Monterrey and one Guadalajara station will move from this group. Note the sale of XEBA-AM, so XEHL-AM (occupied by Radio María) and XEZZ-AM are probably the two stations with a chance to move.

Capital Media

Capital gets on the board and will migrate XECH to the FM band.

Antonio Gallegos

One station in Ciudad Miguel Alemán, Tamaulipas. This is XEHI.

Eduardo Villarreal Marroquín

One station in Nuevo Laredo, which is XEK.

El Heraldo Fronterizo

Hark! the herald angels sing
    XEWD is moving

Boone Menchaca family (MegaRadio)

One Guadalajara-area station, XESP-AM.

Gallegos family

XERI-AM, Reynosa.

Grajales Farías family

XECD-AM 1170, of Grupo Radio Oro.

Henkel family

XEINFO Mexico City. Is this really a separate economic group?

Pérez Ramírez family (Promomedios)

One station, either XEAAA or XEBBB, guessing the latter.

José Asef Hanan Badri

XEPA in Puebla.

Radio Principal, S.A. de C.V.

XEZT in Puebla.

Raso Arcaute family

Picking up the lone available slot in central Guanajuato is XEZH Salamanca.

Rubén Hernández

Guadalajara; this is XEGDL.

Secretaría de Cultura

Radio Educación Mexico City, the only new FM noncom created in this process.
    Last edited by Raymie; 08-22-2017 at 06:40 PM.

XHPVAT-88.3 in Maravatío, Michoacán is now on air as Sensitiva 88.3. One of the new stations derived from IFT-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargadon View Post
    XHPVAT-88.3 in Maravatío, Michoacán is now on air as Sensitiva 88.3. One of the new stations derived from IFT-4.
    That's the first one! It's owned locally by Mr. Pool Music.

EDIT: Looks like they were on literally days after getting their concession and that they might have operated before as a pirate. I can't explain the reviewers on Facebook mentioning the station as being "de regreso" otherwise. That makes two ex-pirates that went legal in IFT-4.
    Last edited by Raymie; 08-24-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Actually yes, the person that told me about Sensitiva 88.3 said that station was a pirate in another frequency before. Even in their actual ID they not mention their address (typical from a former pirate).

But I think last one is normal. Ke Buena IDs for XHTH, XHESE and XHESC don't mention address, only callsign, ERP and city.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargadon View Post
    Actually yes, the person that told me about Sensitiva 88.3 said that station was a pirate in another frequency before. Even in their actual ID they not mention their address (typical from a former pirate).

But I think last one is normal. Ke Buena IDs for XHTH, XHESE and XHESC don't mention address, only callsign, ERP and city.
    Yeah, they don't have a full ID and I listened for quite some time. These don't even have the ERP (XHPVAT is class A so the maximum ERP could be 3 kW).

Mr. Pool Music does have an address in their concession, which is near a school:

Plazuela Hidalgo, número 123, San Miguel Curahuango, Maravatío, Michoacán

They are also running some government spots so it appears they have hooked up to the DDIM system as well. DDIM5 is being rolled out right now.

———

On the topic of second-wave migration, Reporte Indigo today had the best story I've read so far, titled "Breaking Their Own Law".

Keep in mind their owners have an ax to grind —*Capital Media was one of the parties shut out from a Mexico City migration by the decision to consider XEINFO separate from Grupo Radio Centro.

Thread Information