Page 158 of 167 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1661

Thread: OPMA is changing...

That's Hamburgo 182 alright. I had no idea the SPR was damaged. That would explain why Máximo Avance's set took damage and why they originated from the Once Noticias set the other night, though.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Let's go back to Morelos to get some updates on what has gone on there.

The biggest story is that XHCM and XHNG returned to the air today. These were the hardest-hit stations and must be originating from backup facilities. (We know XHNG has one, and XHCM probably has something similar.)

Just as compelling, however, is this video from XHJMG. Leslie Almaguer's "Momento Zen" on Facebook Live went off without a hitch, but in the final seconds as the locutora wraps up her segment, the ground begins to shake and Almaguer's eyes get wide. After a surprised "No mames", she opens the door to leave the radio studio and you can see employees running out of the building.

Today is also the first day back for the IFT, Mexico City's educational system, and many workplaces. This week, the Senate will take up the contest to be the next IFT president. There is also a delayed Pleno meeting (scheduled for Wednesday) that will need to be held at some other time.

One station remains off air, likely due to some sort of uplink problem, because it's XHYRE in Mérida, Yucatán (nowhere near any quake).
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Some good columns today in El Universal...

Javier Tejado Dondé's column, as usual, is great reading and focuses on how stations set aside their normal programming to go into rolling earthquake coverage — even when their studios took damage, as with the IMER. Stations went commercial-free. The RTC dropped all the federal government/SEGOB spots to allow stations to have more time per hour in coverage, and it coordinated with the CFE to prioritize the restoration of power to several areas in Mexico City where stations had backup facilities or transmitters.

Meanwhile, Alberto Barranco focuses on the "civil war" that has erupted inside the IFT as commissioners jockey to be the agency's next president. Some very important telecommunications issues, namely a court ruling damaging to the 2014 telecommunications reform (and requiring IFT action) and the IFT's frustrated attempts to force Telmex to spin off its infrastructure and lines business, are apparently being left off the discussion because of the way this is developing.

So we know a little more about Audiorama getting back on air.

On their Facebook page they now list a new address, Calzada de los Reyes 316 2do Piso Col. Jardín de Tetela, a shopping and office strip on Cuernavaca's hilly west side. It looks like this might be a good place for a new radio tower, too — within a 550-meter radius are XHJMG and XHFCSM.

The second and third IFT-4 stations formally sign on the air today. Surprise: they're co-owned!

Jesús Salvador Holguín Carmona owns XHPGUA-FM 91.1 and Humberto Bustillos Castillo is the concessionaire for XHPCHO-FM 92.7. The stations, serving Guachochi, Chih. are to operate under the Grupo Bustillos Radio banner.

XHPGUA will operate as "La GU de Guachochi", while XHPCHO will take on the name "La Patrona". The stations began broadcasting on September 11, bringing Guachochi its first FM and commercial stations. (XETAR has competition!)

Grupo Bustillos Radio is operating from Calle Adolfo López Mateos No. 116, Colonia Centro, Guachochi, Chih. (26°49'15.2"N 107°04'08.6"W)

If this were a video game, the Senate is sitting at the character select screen...

PICK YOUR PRESIDENT

Adolfo - 20 years of telecom industry experience. Trying to get in the Senate's good graces, pointing out the role of Congress in telecom reform and wanting to bring the IFT and Congress closer. One of the strongest industry candidates, but potentially too linked to the telebancada.

Arturo - The IFT's newest commissioner, a former consultant with experience ranging from public policy to technical studies. An expert on digital economy and smart cities. May have fumbled by referring to a 60 MHz section of the 2.5 GHz band as "the 60 MHz band". Wants to make Mexico "a 4.0 country".

Mario - Studied in Japan (and even signed up to help interpret after the quake). May not be as interested as the other candidates. May have talked too much about technical matters that the senators didn't get. Only wants to lead the IFT if Contreras is not reconfirmed.

Gabriel - The player character of the last edition of this game. Hopes to consolidate the IFT and its autonomy. Touted achievements such as the creation of the RPC, the network auction of 2014-15, other auctions, and the performance of the sector in the last four years. But between América Móvil matters and Tecnoradio, might the senators want someone new? They could have confirmed him months ago.

María Elena - The radical, seeking to transform the IFT and the strongest advocate of consumers' and audiences' rights as well as reducing the digital divide. Would only be commissioner for 18 months maximum.

An intriguing item this morning from Reporte Índigo stating that the IFT could rescind XEINFO's migration authorization and is investigating the station's connections to Radio Centro.

There was also a Pleno meeting this week, with the only big broadcasting news item being the award of that Juchitán, Oaxaca, community station to Guna Caa Yuni Xhiña, A.C.

** MEXICO. Mexico AM news - Baja Sur --- A while back I heard a
    Mexican anthem on 660 kHz which appeared to be coming from the
    mountain time zone. I wondered if XESJC Cabo San Lucas had not vacated
    AM yet after all. Tonight I listened to their web stream and they gave
    their legal ID as XESJC 660. So XESJC-660 is still active on AM.

Bigger surprise: I've just been chatting with a DJ at XELBC-730/XHLBC-
    95.7 Loreto, and he says the 730 is still on the air. He's going to
    find out tomorrow if it is still a daytimer. I've been listening to
    their web stream for the last half hour. At the top of the hour they
    identified as La Giganta (no call letters) and gave a power of 2500
    watts (without saying if it was for AM or FM). The AM is listed as a
    10 kW daytimer, and the FM is listed as 25 kW. To the best of my
    knowledge no one has ever heard this station. Maybe the AM is really
    only 2.5 kW? This one will be very tough to hear. XESOS has a monster
    signal, and XEHB and XEX can also be heard here. XEEBC Ensenada is
    long gone. 73 (Tim Hall, UT Sept 19, ABDX via DXLD)

** MEXICO. Mexico City news - XEINFO-1560 back on the air after 8
    years (XEEST-1440)

I'm updating my records in preparation for this year's Border Inn
    trip. When I went to XEEST-1440's web site, I found everything was
    updated to 1560 AM, except for one obscure reference to "Ring 1440."
    See
    http://www.quiereme.mx/

Grupo 7 has apparently bought the long-silent XEINFO-1560 and moved
    the XEEST-1440 "Quiéreme" format to 1560.

Facebook page says it's XEINFO:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/Quiereme...=page_internal

Webstream was airing a Spanish Apostolic religious program "La Red
    Apostolica" , but the web site itself seems to suggest a romantic /
    oldies format.

Top of hour ID just said XEINFO 1560 AM, 50kW, Grupo 7. Now they're
    back into religious announcements. So, I wonder exactly what is
    happening on 1440? 73 Tim

[later posted at 0004 UT Sept 19:] On the XEINFO-1560 web stream just
    now, 3 minutes after giving the XEINFO-1560 ID, a female announcer
    gave an announcement saying "aquí en 14-40 AM..." Maybe simulcasting
    temporarily, or just operator error? (Tim Hall, CA, Sept 18, ABDX via
    DXLD)

Is that 50 kW day and night with ND or directional? (Todd Skaine,
    Bloomington MN, ibid.)

I'm not sure but I think it's non-directional and lower power at
    night, maybe 10 kW. When I was a teenager in the 1970s, they were
    XEVIP, and broadcast in English. They were a CBS affiliate for Mexico
    City back when foreign language broadcasts were very rare on AM in the
    US and Mexico. They used to get out well.

1560 was a great channel back in the day, because KNZR (then KPMC) was
    off on Monday mornings until 4 am (this continued into the early or
    mid 1990s, one of the last big stations to have a regular silent
    period). Neil Kazaross and I used to get amazing catches on beverage
    antennas like WINV-FL (500w PSRA) and one or two small stations in OH.
    I'll be trying for XEINFO at the Border Inn for sure. 73 (Tim Hall,
    Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone, ibid.)

** MEXICO. Celebra un nuevo aniversario Radio La Kañona 94.3 FM, en
    Escuinapa --- 14/09/2017

La radio de Escuinapa, La Kañona 94.3 FM, celebró el 49 aniversario de
    su fundación, el 5 de septiembre de 1968, informó Francisco Millán
    Belmonte, sexto aniversario en frecuencia modulada.

Resultado de imagen para Radio La Kañona 94.3 FM [capción]

Desde sus inicios, el mass media [sic] radiofónico ha sido un ícono
    para los escuinapenses, pues en estos 49 años, se ha tenido que
    adaptar a los cambios paradigmáticos en el tema de la digitalización.

“Agradecerle al Presidente Municipal, a su señora esposa, al rector de
    la Universidad, al arquitecto Rivera, a mi señora madre Elba y mi
    hermana Jaqueline, que han sido piezas claves en estos casi cincuenta
    años, estos 49 años lo creó mi abuelo Francisco Millán Ramos, cuando
    quiso que Escuinapa tuviera su radio, poco a poco ha ido creciendo
    esta empresa”, informó.

Dijo que en estos 49 años se ha ido logrando reformar a este medio de
    comunicación, por lo que también agradeció a quienes han formado parte
    de esta radioemisora.

Por su parte, el Alcalde Hugo Enrique Moreno Guzmán, agradeció la
    invitación, e indicó que a través de este medio se interactúa con la
    sociedad escuinapense.
    http://www.noroeste.com.mx (via GRA blog via DXLD)

Like many of the press items on the GRA blog, makes you wonder what
    country this is about; no clue in the headline, nor even in the text,
    intended for local readers who know it all. I find Escuinapa de
    Hidalgo SE of Mazatlán on the road to Nayarit. WTFDA Database shows:

XHQE-FM 94.3 ESCUINAPA SINALOA MEX 25.0 25.0 1.06 1.06
    22-50-16 105-45-06 Spanish REGIONAL MEXICAN LA KAÑONA + AM 1340
    (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Thread Information