Page 88 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: OPMA is changing...

I don't know what is XHITG-89.1 broadcasting, if they are, but El Valor de Ser Católico webpage says they have a show in 89.1 ("La radio como debe ser") in Tuxtla.

That's a great list! A few pirates. XHVF Villaflores is also on that list - it is a commercial station operated by Radio Núcleo.

Looks like the name of XHITG is "La radio como debe ser" (Radio As It Should Be), at least as listed there.

Searching that name only brings up the slogan of Antena 8 radio which is in Panamá.

EDIT: Turned this up: https://twitter.com/manelitastuxgtz/...48213382963205

These stations have such a lack of presence we had to look into whether they were on the air or not.
    Last edited by Raymie; 04-15-2016 at 01:00 AM.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

¡Perdóneme! ¿que es un *permit wolf*?
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thomas View Post
    ¡Perdóneme! ¿que es un *permit wolf*?
    permit wolf (n.) A station that holds a permit (or a social use concession, in which case it may be called a social wolf) and may be in the name of a civil association but is owned and operated by/in conjunction with a commercial broadcast group.

The implication of "wolf" is "wolf in sheep's clothing". It is a term I came up with.

"Because of the lack of new commercial concessions in over 20 years, Grupo Radio Capital expanded into Morelia with a permit wolf owned by a civil association: XHORE-FM 97.3."

These stations should not run commercials, but they sometimes do. XHARZ-FM 100.1 Aguascalientes (owned by ZER, one of the largest purveyors of permit wolves) has been known to air commercials.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

"Let us in! Let us in!" Religious concerns are howling to get into Mexico's broadcasting business. They want the longtime ban from broadcasting to be lifted, noting precedent in other countries.

That would soak up every available frequency everywhere...

Meanwhile, MVS Radio was on fire—no, really, an office was damaged by arson in Mexicali. A 36-year-old man was arrested in connection with the fire.

Things have been quiet, but we have two items of interest:

If you plan to visit Guadalajara in the near future, you're in luck. A new Mexican Radio and Television Museum will open on May 4, according to Mural. 400 items will be on display; among them are a color camera made by Guillermo González Camarena and a prototype of Intelsat-4, which was used to broadcast the 1968 Olympics via satellite. The new museum will be located at the Palace of Culture and Communication.

Meanwhile, this week it's Zacatepec, Puebla, where a community radio station is getting harassed by the authorities.

Seeing this makes me want to make a suggestion to the IFT, which follows...

Mexico needs a "Community Radio Amnesty and Legalization" program. Sorely. Such a program could allow pirate radio stations that qualify for social-community or social-indigenous concessions to apply for frequencies (even the ones they currently use, if they meet technical and spacing standards) as well as to be shielded from prosecution of their illegal broadcasting. This sort of program would probably mean hundreds more properly licensed radio stations, help reduce interference (a common complaint of CIRT and official broadcasters), take advantage of the 400 kHz change, and promote legality among these stations. It would mean less enforcement work for the IFT, greater choice for the listener, and resolve the complaints of the AMARC and CIRT in one fell swoop (and those two don't see eye to eye on a lot).

If you can't float, get a larger boat. That's what Grupo Radio Centro did with its partial merger of Grupo Radio México...and it worked:

In the first quarter of 2016, Grupo Radio Centro's broadcast income rose 23 percent to 330 million pesos, compared with 268 million pesos in the first quarter of 2015, a rise led by the higher revenues from the stations acquired via the merger of the Mexico and Los Angeles subsidiaries last June.

I've found my white whale:

http://rpc.ift.org.mx/rpc/pdfs/19021...ION-009616.pdf

It's an AM station that solicited a migration to FM...and never followed through. XERY-1450 (XHRY 94.3) Arcelia Gro. In April 2013, as reported on the second and third pages of the 2015 concession renewal, XERY's legal representative actually decided "we're going to back off that AM-FM migration authorization".

I suspect sister XEXY in Cd. Altamirano did the same, but there is no proof of that.

This leads me to a question: why did they decide "nope, we're not going to bother"? Isn't that kind of shooting themselves in the foot?

IFT TABLE UPDATE INCOMING!!!

They've also swapped out the DOC versions for Excel. It's a little harder to read, I must warn.

Notable changes:

Callsign changes? XETNC --> XEGNAY and XETEB --> XESTRC. The latter is listed with no power, the former with 2.5 kW. The likely reason for changed calls is a discontinuous permit/concession history. XESTRC does not show up in RPC.

XHRHV-FM Chalma Ver. (La Chalmerita AC). 89.1 FM, 500 watts. Not in RPC. This was missing from the batch of new authorized stations last year.

The TV tables in Excel have a feature the PDFs do not: all the analog-authorized stations are in yellow!

Correction: XHRHV is 89.1, not 99.1. Not a coincidence - this was the frequency on which the pirate operated!
    Last edited by Raymie; 04-27-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Some digging in IFT meeting transcriptions finally completed the loop on a pending matter with XHGEM and XHPTP. Both stations in the Edomex state network made requests to vacate their 600 MHz channels (51 and 41).

The new channels are 20 and 34. The relevant portion is being copied here because I don't know if this will end up getting excised:

Efectivamente, son dos solicitudes presentadas por el Gobierno del Estado de México, donde solicita la modificación técnica y, por ende, el cambio de canales que actualmente tiene permisionados; en uno de los casos, muy particularmente el numeral III.17, solicita el cambio de canal actualmente asignado que es el 51, que corre de la banda 692 a 698 MHz, solicita su cambio a un canal más abajo, esto es el canal 20, que va de los 506 al 512 MHz.

Y, por otro lado, solicita también el cambio del canal 41 que tiene permisionado, que actualmente opera en las frecuencias 632 a 683 MHz, al canal 34, que corre de los 590 a 596 MHz; el motivo de su petición lo basa en lo establecido en el Programa de Espectro Radioeléctrico, publicado o emitido por este Pleno el 16 de diciembre del año 2014, en el cual muy puntualmente se establecen acciones particulares para organizar el espectro radioeléctrico para generar espacio, para la prestación de servicios móviles de banda ancha, principalmente en la banda de 600 MHz.

Thread Information