Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Database of Mexican and Cuban FM Stations

Default Database of Mexican and Cuban FM Stations

Jim Thomas has done a tremendous amount of work on the Mexican and Cuban sections of the WTFDA North American FM Station Database over the past few weeks. Mexico and Cuba are complete with formats, slogans and lat/long co-ordinates to Mexican and Cuban towns and cities.

I seriously doubt that any other site is more complete. For help go here, but briefly, to search for Mexican stations type XH in the callsign search box (add the estado code in the state box if you want the stations in a particular state) and then search.

For Cuban FM stations just type CU in the state field and click search.

The Cayman Islands are there also. Just type CI in the state field and click search.

Thanks, Jim!
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

It looks great.

I sent in some additions to the list of information for the few Mexico stations missing format information.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Sent those over to Jim Thomas just now.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-CT View Post
    Sent those over to Jim Thomas just now.
    Yeah, some of them were just that research was needed. Most of them were permits and not concessions, too, and quite a few are new-to-air (like the Mérida XEEP relay, put on air recently as part of celebrations for Radio Educación's 90th birthday).

There are also a lot of permitted (read: noncommercial) radio stations too, especially because of the size of state radio networks.

I would also suggest the creation of a format labeled "CDI - Indigenous" for all those CDI stations which have effectively "variety" formats but which also have substantial programming in indigenous languages.
    Este programa es público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines distintos a los establecidos en el programa.

Read the Mexico Beat | Download Mexican FM Station Coordinates v2 | View my HD Radio in Mexico map

Hey, Raymie, Fred Cantu is giving up his http://mexicoradiotv.com

How about you as successor?

73, Glenn

From him on FB:

Fred Cantu's mexicoradiotv
    February 4 at 7:19pm ·

Queridos Amigos. Lo siento pero parece que despues de 20 año de mantener mexicoradiotv.com la vida se ha complicado y ya no tengo el tiempo para mantener las paginas. Hay alguien-- una persona o grupo-- que quiere continuar este labor? Escribeme-- fredcantu@mexicoradiotv.com

I'm afraid I don't have the time, either, Glenn... Radio is a far more dynamic and ever-changing beast than TV.

Hmmm maybe I need to print out those lists....

cd

And now 18 months down the road, Cuba FM listings are even better. It is well documented in the October 2016 VUD issue, in Mike's Mailbox column. Cuba officially released actual transmitter coordinates, kilowatts, network names, call letter re-assignments...you might say the whole ball of wax. IF you haven't tried out the WTFDA FM database for a Cuban FM search, give it a try. Type CU in the state field.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Yes, this is another update to the WTFDA FM database. Mike may make some kind of announcement or make a mention about this in an upcoming VUD. The FM db is almost shining like a brand new penny. We are putting the finishing touches on adding ALL of the Central American countries to the WTFDA FM database. Honduras will probably be complete in a couple more weeks. Since early December, the Central American countries Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Panamá have been added. So if you haven't been there in awhile, hop on over and check out all the bells and whistles.
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 01-23-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO

Making FM Dxing more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Thread Information