Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 760 HJAJ with Colombian anthem + 840 KMAX WA > ON

Couple fun and instructive AM logs:

760 HJAJ COL Barranquilla — 0557 EST Jan 21 — Spanish gives way to Colombian anthem at 0558 EST. I don't know if every Colombian station runs this choral anthem at this time, but RCN does. This is a fairly common station here, but next time I'm at my DX site and cx are good to the south, I'll be checking a few channels where RCN stations are needed, and see if other Colombian AMs do this.

840 KMAX WA Colfax — 2325 EST Jan 20 — Mark Levin Show heard clearly u/WHAS (Ground Zero program). No one else carries this, and it matches KMAX schedule. KMAX was also heard earlier in the Grand Rapids MI area. The lesson here - it can be worthwhile to stay on one channel where the talk is not too obtrusive, record while listening, and wait for a fade-up. NEW.

Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON
    Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Great stuff. I would have to say then that the CLM anthem could well be mandatory twice a day. CARACOL 1100 Cartagena is my most common, and there’s the anthem at 2300 UTC (give or take an hour) like clockwork, when there’s no soccer.

I will have to check some streams to be sure.

Amazing on KMAX.

An aside: I was at the PEI SDR at 0600 UTC today, and WEEI 850 seems to have just a little silence after their TOH ID before CBS hops on; I had a clear mention of my local WFTL. Great rx that be.

✝️ c d

Comment

Thanks, Chris. I will indeed have to pay more attention to Colombian anthems next time I get to my site for AM DX. These types of opportunities (anthems, chimes, whatnot) seem to get noticed and then largely forgotten even though they're potentially useful for IDing. As for KMAX, I was truly surprised it faded up for as long as it did, as loud as it did, indeed that it faded up for me at all. If Tim Tromp (MI) hadn't reported it on Facebook, I'd have never bothered to look, then sit and wait.
      Saul Chernos
      Burnt River ON

Comment

Working...
      X