AM 1530 with WCKY off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM 1530 with WCKY off

I don't post much in AM here, but something is baffling me & at least one other DXer up north.

I got the word from one of our members the other night that WCKY 1530 OH now signs off at 0400 UTC for a few hours. This gives me an opportunity to maybe hear new stations.

I can hear KGBT & XEUR....however, there is also a station on 1530 with extremely distorted audio. I know that it is Spanish based on the few words I could make out. This thing is practically in SSB mode!

Be that as it may, I strongly believe this to be Radio Avivamiento in Panamá. (In 45 years of DXn AM, I have never caught any Panamanian; FM/TV yes, AM no.) R Avivamiento has a stream, with video:

http://soplaDios.org.pa/

Last night I also checked the Bonaire/Miami/Key West SDR's---and heard a distorted 1530 there too!

Even if I heard a parallel to the stream or SDR's, the audio might be too horrible to hear any ID!

Does anyone have info or wanna give 1530 a try?

cd
    Last edited by cd637299; 09-19-2019, 04:58 PM.

Tracked the distorted audio to WTTI of Georgia.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJ86t4Zzgo

EDIT: I apologize for any confusion. This YouTube above is what I caught at home late Friday night (R Avivamiento). Ivan heard WTTI at a separate time.

cd
      Last edited by cd637299; 09-24-2019, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NO2CW View Post
        Tracked the distorted audio to WTTI of Georgia.
        They have an FM translator, so likely they do not pay any attention to the AM

Comment

Chris, I'm not sure if your YouTube post is what you heard. Did you hear Panama, WTTI or is this still unIDed? WTTI is listed as contemporary Christian and daytimer on Topaz Designs, though daytimer is no guarantee it shuts off at night and formats change with the wind. Curious...
          Saul Chernos
          Burnt River ON

Comment

Originally posted by Saul View Post
            Chris, I'm not sure if your YouTube post is what you heard. Did you hear Panama, WTTI or is this still unIDed? WTTI is listed as contemporary Christian and daytimer on Topaz Designs, though daytimer is no guarantee it shuts off at night and formats change with the wind. Curious...
            It was Panamá, but I won't listen for that thing again until Avivamiento cleans up that audio.

Ivan was the one who had WTTI but he told me it was around 3 am; I hardly ever stay up that late.

It takes delicate ears to make out that it was Panamá, and I did the best side-by-side possible, with only a smartphone to upload.

I hope to get a PC again soon, and maybe I can clean things up.

I was serious in my synopsis---check out 1530 late at night on the Bonaire SDR (closest to Panamá), but I assure you, the audio is a serious mess!

EDIT: I made an edit to my above post, to clear the air.

cd
            Last edited by cd637299; 09-24-2019, 02:53 AM.

Comment

I have something like two nights worth of 1530 audio that I recorded on a brief trip to Burnt River. Wonder if there will be any goodies in that. Just haven't had time to go through multiple-hour clips... I used a wsw antenna so GA is probably not in the cards. Panama is probably not in the cards from where I am, either. Nice catch!
              Saul Chernos
              Burnt River ON

Comment

Working...
              X