UND 1450... KBBS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND 1450... KBBS?

Hello guys. This evening I set up total recorder to record the top of the hour IDs on 1450. I set the recording to start at 59 after and end at 1 minute after the top of the hour. This was recorded in the 7 pm hour. Around 4 seconds I hear what sounds like "KBBS" which would be Buffalo, Wyoming. It's a station I used to work for and I definitely recognize the voiceover man. Normally, the ID would say "1450 KBBS Buffalo, a Big Horn Mountain Radio Network Station". I haven't worked there since 2015 so things may have changed but that voiceover man is hard to miss. I let the clip run up to the TOH as you can hear the CBS "bing". There might be more in this clip I can't make out.
    Am I hearing things?
    Attached Files
    Justin W. - Coon Rapids, Minnesota (EN35)
    Most used radios in order: Sony XDR-F1HD, 2015 Nissan Rogue Stock Radio, Grundig G8, or Grundig S350.
    DTV dx: Insignia Tuner that everyone else has.
    DTV dx2: Vizio 24" DTV built in 2011 (hooked to Insignia).
    DTV dx3: Emerson 40" DTV built in August of 2015.
    FM Antenna: 4 Element Beam similar to the FM-6 just missing two elements.
    TV Antenna: RCA Suburban VHF-HI/UHF

I can hear the 'bing' but that's about it. There's a woman and a guy speaking at the 'bing'. My ears can't make out anything else.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Comment

I clearly can hear the BS for sure (the last two letters of the KBBS calls that is). But I can't make out if it's KBBS or CBS being said, for instance. If you recognize the voice, all the better. There's definitely something here along the lines of what you think you hear.
      Saul Chernos
      Burnt River ON

Comment

The cadence match makes me think even further that this is KBBS.
        I clearly hear "K B B S". The B's definitely stand out, as does the K. I'm going to shoot a note over to the GM and see if he can send me the audio file of the TOH ID.
        Justin W. - Coon Rapids, Minnesota (EN35)
        Most used radios in order: Sony XDR-F1HD, 2015 Nissan Rogue Stock Radio, Grundig G8, or Grundig S350.
        DTV dx: Insignia Tuner that everyone else has.
        DTV dx2: Vizio 24" DTV built in 2011 (hooked to Insignia).
        DTV dx3: Emerson 40" DTV built in August of 2015.
        FM Antenna: 4 Element Beam similar to the FM-6 just missing two elements.
        TV Antenna: RCA Suburban VHF-HI/UHF

Comment

Working...
        X