Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul
    replied
    Thanks, GACTVDX. I'm still in FM headspace from a very active summer season, but I guess this will kick start things as I dust off the AM gear shortly. I think 1400 WEST Easton PA is needed here. Anyhow, I'll give the clip a listen. It's been several months, so my ears will certainly be fresh for this one. Thanks for listening.

Leave a comment:

• GACTVDX
    replied
    The Mega on 1400 most likely was call sign WEST with their transmitter in Easton, Pennsylvania with Tropical Music format. It simulcasts from 1600 WHOL in Allentown, PA.

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    replied
    Thanks, Jon! Tim Hall in CA on the NRC Facebook page also sussed out XEMA as my catch on 690. The "Punto Nueve" I hear is, in my own estimation, likely a reference to 107.9, which is XHEMA and a sister station likely // XEMA. Tim suggested the 770 might possibly be XEFRTM, also in Fresnillo. While this is not certain, it now doesn't matter. Just last week I had both the 690 and the 770 in with very good signals and //ed the 770 to its web stream. The 770 is new; the 690 I heard twice previously in recent years. As for the 840s, my hunch is they're all Cuba... and the 1400 is probably a goner... Likely I'll toss that one. Thank you to everyone who listened to the clips. Greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• JonInFN03
    replied
    Hi Saul,

690 has "Blvd. Paseo del Mineral #746 Sur Col. Venustiano Carranza" at 00:29. "La Mejor" & "Zacatecas" are also mentioned in the clip. That's XEMA in Fresnillo, Zacatecas.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    started a topic Spanish-language AM unIDs

Spanish-language AM unIDs

Some Spanish-language unIDs from the current AM season, and help would be welcome here:

690. I think the music on top is Mexico XEN. But it's the ID mixing in that I'm looking to ID. I hear possible references to "Jefe" and "Carasa" but also two IDs mentioning ".9" - and I also might hear "Colombia" but not sure about that.

840 - Presumed Dobleve - almost certain I hear a Dobleve ID; while it's a relog, it'd be cool to confirm even though I have other clips of Dopbleve with positive IDs while WHAS was off for about an hour.

840 - Think I have both Cubans here; curious for anything tangible to go on. WHAS was off, as above.

1400 ... at 46 to 49 seconds I think I hear "Mega" in this graveyard muddle. Anything along these lines?

770 - Talk beigins at about 5 seconds and may be IDable. At 29 seconds I think very slight chance I hear the word Formula, which would point to XEACH. I have, about a month later, //ed 770 live here to Formula's web stream, but a live ID would be cool. Or maybe this is something else...\

Any leads are appreciated, with thanks!

Saul Chernos / Burnt River ON
    Attached Files
Working...
X