UNID 101.5 classical music Es 7/30/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNID 101.5 classical music Es 7/30/23

At 11:24 CT on Sunday, July 30 in San Antonio, I received a classical station on 101.5 that I'm unable to ID. The signal was weak and very intermittent. It began with an orchestral piece I can't identify. This was followed by a female host talking about a choral piece called "The Peaceable Kingdom" and then the piece (performed by Schola Cantorum of Oxford & James Burton).

During that Es opening, the only station I was able to ID was 88.1 CKSB in Winnipeg. So, I thought maybe 101.5 was CBRX in Rimouski, Quebec; however, that's a French station and its playlist for that timeframe doesn't match.

The only other classical stations on 101.5 according to the WTFDA database are low-powered translators in Grant's Pass, OR, and Aspen, CO. Besides reception of either of those stations not being likely, their playlists also do not match what I heard.

Anyone know of other stations on 101.5 that play classical music during that time slot on Sundays?

I've included the part of the recording (weak and hissy) with the host talking in case someone recognizes her voice.

Thanks.​

101-5_Classical_Es_UNID_7-30-23_1124.mp3
    Last edited by jim-sa-tx; 09-01-2023, 01:48 PM.

CBK-FM-2 Warmley SK?

Comment

Thanks, Saul. Unfortunately the CBK-FM-2 playlist for that timeframe doesn't match the songs I heard.

Comment

Working...
      X