Nice to Have the Forums Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to Have the Forums Back

Congratulations to those who got the Forums back up and running. Too bad that years of posts and threads couldn't be saved in the process. Hopefully, whatever the problem was will not make a comeback. HELLO AGAIN FELLOW DXERS!
    TV DXing from Fairfield, Connecticut since 1977

One thing nobody intends to do again is move the forums to another Host and then a few years later move it back again. Something happened along the way. Maybe a file or files got corrupted, but at this stage who really knows. At least it's back again and running great like it used to run.
    Enfield, CT USA
    Visit Mike's DX at https://mikesdx.com or go here.

On the web since 1999! (that's 23 years!)
    See what else I have over there

Comment

Thanks to all involved for the reset of the forums!

Comment

Indeed it is nice, and thanks!

Comment

Really wonderful to see the Forums back. A big thank you to Chris Cervantes, Nick Langan and Mike Bugaj, and any other folks who were involved, for getting it done! My only thought is, could any issues have been related to the sheer volume of stuff posted and stored here? I say that because I occasionally wondered but never figured out (nor bothered to ask; I should have) how to delete my older posts like unIDs that IMO don't really need to stay up after they're solved. What I will miss will be the "sticky" ones with DXers' 2Es and unusual loggings. And I can see other content not getting stale - like technical tips, or DX lessons, etc... But 99.999 % of what I have posted myself, personally, I would happily ditch - if I knew how to do that myself (without creating work for others). Anyhow, the Forums is a massive undertaking. Thank you!

Comment

Many, many thanks to Nick, Mike, Chris, and everyone who helped revive the Forums. Your time and good work are much appreciated.

Danny
            North Louisiana
            Danny

North Louisiana

Comment

Hello again guys. Good to see the forums back. Thanks to all the kind folks on here for getting her up and running again.

School and work have been negating my time into organizing my DX Logs, but I will try to see if I can get more condensed logs and post em onto here (since i know people visiting others personal websites seems like too much hassle to do nowadays, I get it... lol)
              -SkyWaveDXBird (Mat)

DM04XN
              High Desert in Sunny Southern California..

Record FM DX: WBVM Tampa, FL - 90.5 FM [2,130 miles]
              Record AM DX: HLCA Dangjin, KR [5,989 miles]
              Record HAM Contact: BD9ATY Xian, CN (10 meter FT8) [6,792 miles]

Current Setup:
              Stellar Labs 30-2640 4-Element Yagi
              MLA-30+ Active Magnetic Loop (with 1/4 diameter copper pipe loop mod)
              Homemade 20m/10m fan wire dipoles
              SDRPlay RSP1A

https://skywavebirddx.neocities.org/

"Keep your eyes on the skies..."

Comment

It is nice to have the Forums back again. I thought I would mention that NOT ALL OF THE previous Forums have been lost. The internet archiving system - the Wayback Machine - performed an annual archiving function of the Forums on October 28, 2021. That means that ONE YEAR of posts and uploaded DX clips was lost. The Wayback Machine performs *once annually* a website backup and stores the data in it's original content. The only way to get it to back up something more recent is that the webmaster would have to force a backup directly on the Wayback Machine's website.

Anyway, as a consolation to losing the previous Forums, IF someone is hard pressed to retrieve audio clips or DX records they had posted to the Forums and they no longer have them on their PC, you can retrieve them, up through October 28, 2021.

The URL for the archived website on the Wayback Machine can be found here>>>

http://web.archive.org/web/202110281...ums.wtfda.org/

Jim Thomas
                Member, Board of Directors
                Last edited by Jim Thomas; 10-24-2022, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Echoing the sentiments of everyone here, I'm glad to see that the forums are back up and running! Thankfully, I kept and saved most (if not all) of my audio files and baseband recordings, and all that really needs to be done is to just add what I haven't posted!

Thank you all for your hard work into bringing this site back!
                  Broc D'Albor
                  St. Martinville, LA
                  EM40cb
                  = = = = =
                  Equipment List:
                  - Antennacraft FM6 6-Element Yagi
                  - RCA VH226E Outdoor Antenna Rotator
                  - Wineguard Boost XT 18dB Preamp
                  - Sony XDR-S3HD AM/FM Tuner/Receiver
                  - SDRplay RSP1A running SDR Console v3.2

Comment

Adding my voice to the voices of all those who’ve posted above - it’s great to have these forums back again. I’ve really missed them. Many thanks to all who worked to bring them back.

And Jim T., thanks for the tip on visiting the Wayback Machine to view older posts and retrieve our previous uploads.

Jim F. - San Antonio, TX

Comment

Originally posted by bdalbor View Post
                      Echoing the sentiments of everyone here, I'm glad to see that the forums are back up and running! Thankfully, I kept and saved most (if not all) of my audio files and baseband recordings, and all that really needs to be done is to just add what I haven't posted!

Thank you all for your hard work into bringing this site back!
                      This is a belated welcome.

Broc, I'm proud to have you in the WTFDA. Keep on DXing.​
                      Danny

North Louisiana

Comment

Welcome back, you were missed! I had to reregister so now I'm back to being a junior member, oh well.

Comment

Working...
                        X