Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd637299
    replied
    As to FM DXn from AK, forget it. I was stationed next to Anchorage for two years. I couldn’t catch anything on FM/TV outside of ANC—and I couldn’t catch AK’s first 100,000 watt FM, 103.5 outta Homer. Just too many hills and valleys; not to mention that I was in a barracks, so I had to make do with built-in rod antennas.

SW and AM though were another story. If you do an Advanced Search and enter “Elmendorf,” you will find what I heard in 2 years’ time. Not much—but distant!

WL7NO in ANC now has an online SDR. Things will improve there in AM and SW as night hours increase.....

cd

Leave a comment:

• Jim Thomas
    replied
    It was AC7XP Robert Kornovich, Sierra Vista AZ. I believe he lived in Oregon at one time and it happened at that time. I will try to clarify that information. I don't remember the exact year that he reported that reception. I can check with him on the details.
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 06-23-2021, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    replied
    Thanks. Interesting in that direction too, because that could tell half the picture I'm wondering about. I was wondering if anyone has tried FM DXing in AK... I'm interested in any experiences from DXers situated in the north...

Leave a comment:

• cd637299
    replied
    Not me...but someone in AZ claimed to have heard KAYO 100.9 Wasilla. Maybe it was the guy who posts on DXWorld, AC3XP or similar?

cd

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    started a topic Has anyone had FM DX from Alaska?

Has anyone had FM DX from Alaska?

Has anyone had FM DX from Alaska? if so, what mode, to where...?
Working...
X