Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang 4 D Buck!!

I must tell all of you, I purchased the Xtreme Signal HD8200 XL all-channel TV antenna at SolidSignal.com

When I first put it up about 2 months ago, I was very disappointed at its performance. I thought it was either a bad antenna, or, I assembled it incorrectly. I was ready to return the thing.

Enter the Channel Master CM7777 preamp!

It must have been my old CM preamp that was the issue. I figure that the weather took its toll on it; I had it about 8.5 years. That, or I didn't take good care of it.

Anyway I purchased a new one from the same site, as they have been good to me as far as customer service.

Once attached and everything put up---with apologies to John Madden, BOOM came the DX!!! Channels have come in that I had never seen before (analog AND digital). I will note that RF 5 & 6 are vastly improved from before, and outperform my FM rig on 5/6.

Even though it's late July and the Es season might be coming to a close soon, Es has still come almost daily.

Altogether the two items combined run under $200.... for the DXer with the tight pocketbook strings.

I have been very busy at the YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCsTCS0a-JvDH0wUh9iHKPHQ

I highly recommend this combo!

cd

Christopher, when I read your first couple sentences, I was about ready to post a reply about how I strongly disagree with you. I have the 8200. I think it's the 8200U and not the XL. I'm not sure exactly what the difference is, but the Winegard 8200 is a strong performer here and has captured Es and Tr with better signal strengths than my previous setup.

Comment

Photo

Here is how it looks at home, at 22 feet. This photo was with the older CM7777, which has been replaced.

cd
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Working...
      X