Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amplifiers for improved digital TV signals.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplifiers for improved digital TV signals.

What amplifiers are considered to be the best for improving digital TV reception. I ask for members' comments. Thanks. Dave Sinclair.

On the Facebook group they're saying the Channel Master CM-7777. The Kitzamp KT200 is also good. I have one. It works.
    On the CM side I've used a CM7775 UHF only preamp for years. I just took it off the roof a few months ago when I noticed some rust around the F fittings.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Comment

Plus 1 for the 7777. Used one at my past two QTHs and it worked well. (I have no outside antennas currently to avoid the whole HOA approval thing, even though they would have to allow me to install something.)

Tommy

Comment

I plan on buying a CM-7777 to replace a 16 year old preamp that is starting to fail. Unfortunately, they have been out of stock everywhere I looked all summer. I was told by a Channel Master rep a few months ago that they would be in by September. They are still nowhere to be seen. Bottom line, you (and I) might want to try an alternative if you don't want to wait too long.

BTW, since you are in Vancouver, you are probably very close to all of that city's transmitters. Therefore, you probably will just need the lower gain CM-7778 model preamp. The CM-7777 has so much gain, it could get overloaded when you tune in to any of your local signals.
        TV DXing from Fairfield, Connecticut since 1977.

Comment

What I read on our TV and FM DXing Facebook group page is that CM has let their stock run low as they shift production from China to Bulgaria. Everything made by CM is in short supply at the moment.
          Mike B.
          Enfield, CT
          -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
          FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
          mikesdx.com

Comment

Thanks for the information, Mike. It looks like a good move on Channel Master's part, because people will feel a little better buying Bulgarian than Chinese. Hopefully, there will be better quality control. Although I've seen CM products get numerous five star reviews on the internet (ie. Amazon), there are still too many one star ones that give me pause.
            TV DXing from Fairfield, Connecticut since 1977.

Comment

I am currently using the Kitztech KT-200 Coax.

According to these tests by Calveras. It has one of the lowest noise figures out there.
              It should also be noted that there have been discussions concerning the KT500. Due to its design it only maintains its low noise figure at maximum gain.

Preamp_Summary2Srev.jpg

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Working...
              X