Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preamp question

I managed to fry the outside unit on my CM 7777 preamp, but the house unit is still good of course, now I have 3 house units that are running fine but missing working outside units...The CM cost me over 120$ does anyone know if it`s possible to get a replacement for just the outside unit and if so, who`d you recommend? The dealer I bought it from I will not go back to, very bad service and very pricey...
    I`m actually wondering if I should just use no preamp at all, would a better antenna/receiver be better than a higher-noise inducing preamp?
    Thanks for the suggestions I always appreciate...

Lightning blew up my last 2 CM 7477As so I went to the CM 7777. I bought it from Solid Signal... http://www.solidsignal.com/ ... a couple of years ago as they (at that time) had the best price. I don't think (I could be wrong) you can buy the pre-amp separate from the power supply.

If you have a short feedline, or a longer run of VERY low loss feedline, you may want to skip the pre-amp. I think the main reason for pre-amps is to overcome the loss in feedlines since we use co-ax more often now instead of 300 ohm twinlead. For instance...a 100 ft run of RG-59, foam type, co-ax has about 10 DB loss at 700 MC.

73, Ed NN2E
    Owner / Operator - Murphy's Law Test Site & Thunderstorm Proving Grounds
    Last edited by NN2E; 07-13-2008, 01:16 PM.
    "You Might Be a Redneck If...
    Your TV is on 24/7.
    Your TV has been permanently on for over a decade.
    The only time your TV is off is during a power outage.
    Your TV gets 512 channels, but you go outside to use the bathroom.
    Your new TV is sitting on top of your old TV.
    Your TV costs more than all of your other furniture.
    Your deer-stand has a TV antenna on it.
    Your cable provider has no idea that you exist."
    Jeff Foxworthy

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Working...
    X