X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denon TU-1500RD

Hello all,

I just picked up a Denon TU-1500RD on eBay this week to add to my arsenal for the upcoming Es season (see attached).

I'm quite surprised with the lack of overload here in Philadelphia. I'm sure it will wake up after I put some 150s in it and take the move a bit north next month. The RDS decodes in under 1 second. That's much, much faster than the Sonys.

I also am very happy to see my old Sherwood stereo's volume knob I use for TV audio fits the Denon like a glove to replace that carpal tunnel inducing stock knob
    K3PHL - Steve W
    Milford Square, PA (near Allentown) (FN20)

Sony XDR-F1HD, Sony XDR-S3HD, Denon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Tecsun PL-310
    APS-9B @ 33'
    http://home.comcast.net/~k3phl

Nice radio. I did the same thing to my Denon, changed the knob to a larger, more user friendly knob. I like the audio better than from the Sony XDR-F1HD
    Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Denon TU-1500RD

Well I can't lie, I got the idea from your website. As well as buying Total Recorder and other DX ideas. So there are definitely members out here that respect your contributions to the hobby and quite jealous of your location in the country with respect to the DX modes.

I'll be moving about 30 miles north of Philadelphia next month and far enough away from the antenna farm to make DXing even better this year.

The Denon will certainly add to the weapons. How well is the Denon at grabbing RDS during meteor scatter bursts? It seems to be worlds faster than the Sony. Sometimes scrolling RDS before the audio un-mutes during frequency changes.
      K3PHL - Steve W
      Milford Square, PA (near Allentown) (FN20)

Sony XDR-F1HD, Sony XDR-S3HD, Denon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Tecsun PL-310
      APS-9B @ 33'
      http://home.comcast.net/~k3phl

Comment

Cool, I'm glad my info was of some use. I hope the Denon works out good for you. I've been happy with it. RDS has been sparse on Ms ID's but I have decoded a few. You can simply download my Excel log, do a sort on the daily log by prop mode and RDS and group them all together and see what I've had over the last 4 years. I can blame the lack of RDS hits on the fact I split my antenna 4 ways so there is some attenuation. I have to do this to reduce overload on the Denon which is a problem being 3 miles from the local radio transmitter site. There's virtually no overload on the Sony. I have noticed that occasionally the Sony decodes RDS faster than the Denon and also the other way around. It's as if there's no scientific explanation for it. I cannot say at this time which has better RDS. The only gripe I have about the Sony compared to the Denon is the poor quality audio on weaker signals and lack of a tuning knob. The remote is nifty though.
        Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Working...
        X