Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Sony HD owners.

That probably means at least a few of you can help me with this .

Does an open (blank) frequency ever experience an electrical interference type noise when the antenna is pointed certain directions?

What I've noticed is, whenever I point the antenna to the southeast, the noise floor dramatically increases, and I can hear a sort of electrical popping noise. This takes place on 92.3, the freq I always use and have received Es on in the past few days. It is present throughout the dial on the other blank frequencies as well.

I live in a neighborhood with lots of power lines, including a transformer box in that particular direction (within about 50 feet of the antenna), so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

The rotor the FM-6 sits on is powered up a separate cable, but even with the rotor turned off, the noise is still persistent in one direction.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.
    Last edited by SlcDX; 06-28-2009, 03:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    Justin W. - Coon Rapids, Minnesota (EN35)
    Most used radios in order: Sony XDR-F1HD, 2015 Nissan Rogue Stock Radio, Grundig G8, or Grundig S350.
    DTV dx: Insignia Tuner that everyone else has.
    DTV dx2: Vizio 24" DTV built in 2011 (hooked to Insignia).
    DTV dx3: Emerson 40" DTV built in August of 2015.
    FM Antenna: 4 Element Beam similar to the FM-6 just missing two elements.
    TV Antenna: RCA Suburban VHF-HI/UHF

On some channels I get random increases in the noise floor but I think that's due to the DSP system trying to resolve audio with no signals. As soon as signals appear on the channel it stabilises.

I think this is a common feature with this tuner.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Working...
    X