Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFI problem

We have a Panasonic cordless phone (KX-TG2357) that runs in the 2.4ghz range. My wife loves this phone and won't let me replace it. Problem is that it creates RFI all the time - and does a number on both FM & VHF lo-band freqs (to the point where I'll unplug it just to check for signs of skip, again much to the chagrin of the better half). Most RF gets fed out via the phone line, some thru the AC adapter.

Is there a preferred noise filter used by others out there that would help eliminate/reduce this interference?

Thx

Radio Shack sells (or used to sell) a snap together RF choke. You wind the instructed number of turns of phone/AC/cable line onto each half and snap it together. It might help. The best thing is to get rid of the phone.
    I've found my Lynksys router creates some RFI as does tube monitors / TV's.
    You can also try moving your antenna(s) further away from offending electronics.
    Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

I've tried those RS snap-on chokes, with only limited success (perhaps I need more turns or something). They did help with noise heard on my Kenwood R-2000, where I looped the AC cord thru one.

I have a wireless router as well, it used to be connected to the same computer that my FM tuner was directly connected to, and even that didn't produce the same level of RFI as this phone does, although for some reason the computer's stock mouse used to do a number on the low end of the band. For some reason though, the router doesn't really interfere with anything, even the phone operating in the same band.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Working...
      X