Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2x Es 6/23 - 92.9 XHER Cuauhtemoc, CH into Eastern Pennsylvania ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x Es 6/23 - 92.9 XHER Cuauhtemoc, CH into Eastern Pennsylvania ?

June 23rd was an epic day for some of us in the northeast, mid south and midwest. I have been carefully reviewing recorded audio with several 2x catches from Mexico City in the late 2 PM and 3 PM EDT hour here in Eastern Pennsylvania. It appears more 2x Es was around late in the 4 PM EDT hour. Attached is a clip from what appears to be 92.9 XHER Cuauhtemoc, CH Mexico. The distance would be between 1900 and 2000 miles. In the attached clip is a liner for '92.9 Effe Emme La Frecuencia del Amor' followed by some type of ad. Can anyone translate the ad? In the 2nd half of the clip, the signal fades into 92.9 KVRE Hot Springs Village, Arkansas (1045 mi) further confirming a 2x condition.

Thanks in advance for assistance with this one

929_XHER_KVRE_06_23_2015_1650.mp3
    Click image for larger version

Name:	929_XHER.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	83531
    K3PHL - Steve W
    Milford Square, PA (near Allentown) (FN20)

Sony XDR-F1HD, Sony XDR-S3HD, Denon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Tecsun PL-310
    APS-9B @ 33'
    http://home.comcast.net/~k3phl

I can't translate the ad but it certainly looks like you got it! That's great! I, too had a long-haul, close to 1500 mile log of Chihuahua on 106.1 about 5:45pm this same evening! T'was a great day for sure. Tim EM86 Kingsport TN

Comment

"92.9 FM...La Frecuencia del Amor." There's an ad for a Carnicería Gutiérrez, and the clincher, an ad for breast cancer exams, Plaza América: 58 2 48 30 — there is indeed a gynecologist at that phone number in Cuauhtémoc.

¡Felicidades!
      Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Awesome catch. Has to be pushing 2000 miles for you, and shown as relatively low power (9.5kw).

Comment

2x Es 6/23 - 92.9 XHER Cuauhtemoc, CH into Eastern Pennsylvania ?

Raymie,

Thank you very much for the translation and confirmation. Much appreciated.
          K3PHL - Steve W
          Milford Square, PA (near Allentown) (FN20)

Sony XDR-F1HD, Sony XDR-S3HD, Denon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Tecsun PL-310
          APS-9B @ 33'
          http://home.comcast.net/~k3phl

Comment

I just listened and not sure if everyone missed it but the station ID is in there at the beginning "92.9 FM Estereo Romance (female voice, gets buried)... "la frequencia del amor". Nice catch!
            Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Working...
            X