More Spanish unids from 6/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Spanish unids from 6/23

These are from 89.7. This could be KTYR-TX or something in Mexico given the timing and the skip patterns.

As usual, any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

I have a national ad for "Pinturas Comex" (paint), something about fruits and vegetables... But if you listen right before the Comex burst, you'll hear "Segunda de Allende". That's a street. My search results gave me Chignahuapan, Puebla, but that does not make sense as there is no 89.7 there. It seems like this is a semi-common street name, too.

The second clip has a 281 area code mention so it's a US station, probably KTYR. Your first clip is a Mexican with the Comex ad, but who?

There are 16 Mexicans on 89.7. 5 of them are in state and university radio systems, so they can be ruled out. And I can't figure out which of the other 11 this is going to be.
    Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Just because the Forums tend to reverse the order of the way I select the clips to post, when you refer to the "first" clip do you mean the first one displayed or the first one in time ?
      Russ Edmunds
      WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

I found one in Tuxpan, Veracruz and another in Cerro Azul, Veracruz, however I have no current reference which would tell me if there are any 89.7's near those. That could suggest that this is a repeat reception of XHID in Alamo, which is not far from either Tuxpan or Cerro Azul.
        Russ Edmunds
        WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Originally posted by Russ-PA View Post
          I found one in Tuxpan, Veracruz and another in Cerro Azul, Veracruz, however I have no current reference which would tell me if there are any 89.7's near those. That could suggest that this is a repeat reception of XHID in Alamo, which is not far from either Tuxpan or Cerro Azul.
          This really is a "who knows" but the sort of advertising does not suggest Mexico City, at least not to me.
          Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Working...
          X