X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymie
    replied
    Originally posted by Russ-PA View Post
    I found one in Tuxpan, Veracruz and another in Cerro Azul, Veracruz, however I have no current reference which would tell me if there are any 89.7's near those. That could suggest that this is a repeat reception of XHID in Alamo, which is not far from either Tuxpan or Cerro Azul.
    This really is a "who knows" but the sort of advertising does not suggest Mexico City, at least not to me.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    replied
    I found one in Tuxpan, Veracruz and another in Cerro Azul, Veracruz, however I have no current reference which would tell me if there are any 89.7's near those. That could suggest that this is a repeat reception of XHID in Alamo, which is not far from either Tuxpan or Cerro Azul.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    replied
    Just because the Forums tend to reverse the order of the way I select the clips to post, when you refer to the "first" clip do you mean the first one displayed or the first one in time ?

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    I have a national ad for "Pinturas Comex" (paint), something about fruits and vegetables... But if you listen right before the Comex burst, you'll hear "Segunda de Allende". That's a street. My search results gave me Chignahuapan, Puebla, but that does not make sense as there is no 89.7 there. It seems like this is a semi-common street name, too.

The second clip has a 281 area code mention so it's a US station, probably KTYR. Your first clip is a Mexican with the Comex ad, but who?

There are 16 Mexicans on 89.7. 5 of them are in state and university radio systems, so they can be ruled out. And I can't figure out which of the other 11 this is going to be.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    started a topic More Spanish unids from 6/23

More Spanish unids from 6/23

These are from 89.7. This could be KTYR-TX or something in Mexico given the timing and the skip patterns.

As usual, any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files
Working...
X