• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/18/15 Es Spanish UNIDs Caribbean - Cuba/Jamaica direction - need ID help

Attached are recordings of several Spanish FM Stations
    received around the time I logged Bogota Columbia on 6/18 around
    1815edt on 93.9.
    I believe most of them could be Cuba and need help on
    whether there is enough info to ID them.

The 90.4 recording had very brief audio at times above the adjacent channel QRM,
    which I suspect could be Bogota, but don't think that there is enough info to ID it.
    I replaced the file with a new one covering the time frame of seeing the signal
    peaks on 90.4khz.
    At the start of the recording was some distorted music (probably being caused by
    the narrow filter to minimize adjacent channel QRM).
    About 2 minutes into the recording was heard a lady announcer.
    About 3 minutes into the recording was some laughter by man/woman followed by
    some talk.
    Nothing noted after about 5 minutes in the recording where I stopped.
    I had to do some editing within the clip to keep the file size below the 3mb limit.
    Feel free to send/link the file to whoever might be able to discern the limited amount of
    audio on the clip.

Fred Nordquist - Moncks Corner SC fm03af.

Eqt: APS-13 - AirSpy/SDR Console
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fredn-mcsc; 07-13-2015, 04:06 PM.

88.7: "Musiquera, Tu Mejor Compañía". That's Honduras.

90.1: It kinda sounds like Cuba to me but there are also at least three references to Venezuela. Could you have bagged one from there?

90.4: Someone who can better understand Spanish through DX fades needs to take this one.

90.9: Probably Cuba. Someone's talking about some guy, his work, and tourism in Camagüey. Something else — sounds like the audio of a cartoon — comes in at the end there.
    Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

FWIW, I have bagged from the FL Keys 90.9 R Caibarien out of Cuba.

Any 90.4 would have to be a Colombian if SS!

I did hear my 88.6 "pest" (<--ha ha) Los 40 Principales out of Barranquilla last night.

cd

Comment

On further review, the Plan Técnico Nacional only shows one FM is on air on 90.4: HJUD Bogotá, 15 kW, 589m transmitter height. HJUD is 90.4 FM LAUD from the Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas.

But again, I can't make out much of what is being said.
        Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

^ Raymie, since you linked there, maybe Fred could e-mail LAUD with the mp3. Being the only 90.4 certainly helps.

cd

Comment

Originally posted by cd637299 View Post
            ^ Raymie, since you linked there, maybe Fred could e-mail LAUD with the mp3. Being the only 90.4 certainly helps.

cd
            And if he wants to do that, I would happily write the email for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymie View Post
              And if he wants to do that, I would happily write the email for him.
              Okay with me....please note I updated my initial text and 90.4 file with some guidance on what/when I heard....Fred

Comment

Hmm, I don't know. I'd need a native speaker to really be able to listen in on the two people talking over the fades.

For what it's worth, 90.4 LAUD's program at that hour would be "Amantes del círculo polar". It's a cultural and news magazine that runs from 5 to 8pm. Here are some audio clips of the show from around mid-June: http://laud.udistrital.edu.co/statio...ives/47?page=5

The female voice sounds right. The guy is likely one of their guests. Any help here?

Comment

Working...
                X