Unid 101.7 Spanish 7/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unid 101.7 Spanish 7/16

This shouldn't be E skip, as none was noted. There was tropo around, but there's nothing I can find that would fit. This was fading in and out with a semi-local religious translator. This could be a semi-local pirate or something else. The signal was weak, hence the background hiss.

I've added a second, subsequent clip.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Russ-PA; 07-18-2015, 02:58 PM. Reason: add second clip
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Here's a third, later clip.
    Attached Files
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

Does that guy talk fast or what?

The DB shows nothing really even in the northeastern US.

I can't pick out much. They do mention a "big event" on Saturday, July 25 at the end of the first clip.

In the second clip they make a mention of the Gold Cup match between Mexico and Costa Rica. There might be a phone number??? around 0:55.

The third clip has something at the end that sounds like a newscast. At around 0:20 is the fast-talking guy saying "saludos" to somebody but it's so fast I can't pick it out. In the newscast there might be a phone number at 2:12. As for 101.7 FM stations with Spanish news/talk formats, you'd need Es, probably 2Es, for them.

Gargadon or someone that might be able to pick out some of the words better could really help here.
      Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

About talking fast...

Ever heard on the radio those car-dealer commercials, where the "disclaimer" is spoken rapid-fire, to where it's practically unlistenable? Kinda like an audio "fine print" in a contract. Well I've heard such ads in Spanish, and likely because many similar words take more syllables in SS, just wow....

cd.

Comment

Working...
        X