X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd637299
    replied
    About talking fast...

Ever heard on the radio those car-dealer commercials, where the "disclaimer" is spoken rapid-fire, to where it's practically unlistenable? Kinda like an audio "fine print" in a contract. Well I've heard such ads in Spanish, and likely because many similar words take more syllables in SS, just wow....

cd.

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    Does that guy talk fast or what?

The DB shows nothing really even in the northeastern US.

I can't pick out much. They do mention a "big event" on Saturday, July 25 at the end of the first clip.

In the second clip they make a mention of the Gold Cup match between Mexico and Costa Rica. There might be a phone number??? around 0:55.

The third clip has something at the end that sounds like a newscast. At around 0:20 is the fast-talking guy saying "saludos" to somebody but it's so fast I can't pick it out. In the newscast there might be a phone number at 2:12. As for 101.7 FM stations with Spanish news/talk formats, you'd need Es, probably 2Es, for them.

Gargadon or someone that might be able to pick out some of the words better could really help here.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    replied
    Here's a third, later clip.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    started a topic Unid 101.7 Spanish 7/16

Unid 101.7 Spanish 7/16

This shouldn't be E skip, as none was noted. There was tropo around, but there's nothing I can find that would fit. This was fading in and out with a semi-local religious translator. This could be a semi-local pirate or something else. The signal was weak, hence the background hiss.

I've added a second, subsequent clip.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Russ-PA; 07-18-2015, 02:58 PM. Reason: add second clip
Working...
X