87.9 GCN for the 3rd time---where??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87.9 GCN for the 3rd time---where??

Here is a somewhat long and crisp sounding clip of GCN Radio on 87.9 during the wild Es on 7/21 w/ Alex Jones, mostly a commercial break. Does anyone know where this 87.9 is? and if so, how much (little) power is used? Most FM was from PA, OH, KY, MI, WV (in fact www.gcnlive.com once showed an 87.9 in WV but I don't see it there now---wonder why, ha ha).

Anyway we have a few members in this target area. Does anyone hear this as tropo or even groundwave on a regular basis?

Surely someone here would know----and if not, it's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

cd
    Attached Files

Never heard of this 87.9. You know what's weird Christopher, I did an FM scan yesterday on my car radio during this supposed e-skip, and absolutely nothing showed up, just channels 2 and 3 from Cuba when I briefly stopped by my house to check the TV.

Comment

GCN is a distributor, so we have to look for any 87.9 FMs airing Alex Jones. Given the frequency, this should be fairly easy.

Is this them? They do air Alex Jones 12-3: http://w50scountry.tripod.com/schedule.html

The site is a trip. They have a whole page on food irradiation: "Did you know that the major Food Markets are planning to irradiate our food ! Please don't allow this." That and something about some US civil flag that just looks...strange.

The station has a PO box in Cosby, Tennessee, which is on the eastern end of the state. If you want to give them a call, their phone number is 865-436-7905.

Someone on RadioInsight noted, probably of this station: "We had a pirate based in Kodak, TN which carried the Alex Jones network and old country music, but I haven’t heard it for quite some time."

On a Topix forum, someone mentioned the WV 87.9: "I have heard him [Alex Jones] on a local radio station. 87.9FM. There's a couple other straight shooters there too. Ones a preacher not like one I have ever heard in local churches. Tell it like real preachers used to."

I have no idea. The people running this radio station may or may not believe the Internet is a conspiracy...
      Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

I saw some of the site. I have had TN as e-skip, but I think I will say (unofficially) this was in WV, based on the other catches.

I think that the 2nd time I heard GCN (maybe earlier this year), there may have been the Joyce Riley show, which I think airs on both the WV & TN stations (in GCN net).

This clip in the OP was on the half-hour. Too bad there was just the GCN bumper, then commercials only, then back to the show.

BTW in March Elizabeth & I went on vacation, and we went thru WV....I was indeed checking 87.9's and all I seem to recall was maybe some Sirius relays. So it's possible that this station has very low power.

cd

Comment

Liberty & Justice Radio, 1640 AM & 87.9 FM, based in Shirley, Massachusetts, is also a GCN affiliate. Not sure if they run enough power to be an Es candidate, but thought I would mention them.

http://www.libertyandjustice1640.com/

Their website is all about Part 15 AM radio and a bunch of other stuff about a guaranteed US minimum wage structuring plan.
          Jim Thomas
          Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
          Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
          Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Thomas View Post
            Liberty & Justice Radio, 1640 AM & 87.9 FM, based in Shirley, Massachusetts, is also a GCN affiliate. Not sure if they run enough power to be an Es candidate, but thought I would mention them.

http://www.libertyandjustice1640.com/

Their website is all about Part 15 AM radio and a bunch of other stuff about a guaranteed US minimum wage structuring plan.
            I looked at them too but they don't fit the PTA or carry Alex Jones.
            Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Working...
            X