88.1 in a mess--who dis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88.1 in a mess--who dis?

Strong Es to Canada & north US this afternoon. Got 92.5 Toronto for the first time (WBEE usually dominates). Because of that I was trying for CIND, but didn't get. However, here is a "melange" on 88.1 at 2:00pm EST. Any idea what I had here? Must be a multi ID---maybe someone in the north can flush it out.

cd
    Attached Files

Two great and easy IDs back-to-back! Very nice!! You have WUBJ Jamestown fading into CIND Toronto.

"WBFO-FM HD-1 (Aww...) WOLN Olean / WUBJ Jamestown (yeah right) ... photo gallery of Wayhome Day One (82...) indie88.com (81 degrees in Buffalo) We'll see you later, bye."
    Sounds like the TOH ID for WBFO and its repeaters followed by talk about the Wayhome Music Festival up on Lake Simcoe happening at the moment.
    Attached Files
    [ Radio and weather geeks, beware. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, Great Lakes Coastal Radio, domestic Korean radio, and Chinese FM tropo and Es - find 12+ hours of audio at http://www.chriskadlec.com/ • Tuner: Grundig G8 portable • Location: Seoul, Korea and West Michigan • Home DX sites: Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Mears, Mich.; Songtan, Korea • Contact me at Chris.Kadlec@gmx.de ]

Comment

Hey guess what? I heard Way something & thought it was my local Way FM in West Palm Beach! THAT was CIND?!!

cd

Comment

Oh, you're getting sloppy with your DXing, Chris ! But yeah, having a local WAY-FM and hearing a rather strong signal mixing with an Es one that mentions the word "Way," I could see how you'd mentally toss it out, but yes, 100% sure that was CIND! Helps to be familiar with the area, and having lived in Buffalo and reading the Toronto Star online every day, the Wayhome mention was a quick starting point to fill in the blanks transcribing that clip, though I quickly could hear the Canadian accent on the ".com" when I first heard it! Once I knew the stations and cities, everything just kinda fell into place, but at first listen, it was like you said ... "melange".
        [ Radio and weather geeks, beware. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, Great Lakes Coastal Radio, domestic Korean radio, and Chinese FM tropo and Es - find 12+ hours of audio at http://www.chriskadlec.com/ • Tuner: Grundig G8 portable • Location: Seoul, Korea and West Michigan • Home DX sites: Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Mears, Mich.; Songtan, Korea • Contact me at Chris.Kadlec@gmx.de ]

Comment

truly awesome! Forgive me as I am using a smartphone here & my typing stinks. I had 88.1 as CKLN in 1991. Long time eh?.......the clip did sound better on this iPhone!

Cd

Comment

Originally posted by cd637299 View Post
            truly awesome! Forgive me as I am using a smartphone here & my typing stinks. I had 88.1 as CKLN in 1991. Long time eh?.......the clip did sound better on this iPhone!

Cd
            Not sure how you want to count it but CIND-FM is not the same station as CKLN-FM. The CKLN license was revoked in 2011 and new applications were accepted. The CIND technical facilities are different - power is significantly higher.
            Doug Smith W9WI
            Pleasant View, TN EM66
            http://www.w9wi.com

Comment

Yes I was aware of that---I consider it the same station. I always err on the lesser side!

cd

Comment

Working...
              X