92.1 Spanish language clips - 8/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92.1 Spanish language clips - 8/11

These may or may not all be WRLX-FL, but I can't pick enough out to know.
    Attached Files
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Is normal to get the same radio show in two separated catchings? Because the two first clips are talking again about lunch at work (as your 92.9 last catch) and mention the same phone number (1 866 373 7486). I think it's KOND-Fresno CA, the only 92.1 station owned by Univision.

Comment

Thanks - if a program is distributed nationally, it can often be heard on multiple stations in the same opening. That said, the originating station could be anywhere. The possibility of it being Fresno via Es is unlikely to the point of being almost impossible, as that would be an extreme distance for Es.

Not long after, I did hear two US ads - State Farm and McDonalds - both mentioning the Shreveport, LA market. so that makes that one ( and perhaps these clips also ) KSYR, Benson LA which is in that market.
      Russ Edmunds
      WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Maybe there are two stations in those clips. And I don't think Univision syndicated shows are broadcasted in non-affiliated Univision stations.

Comment

I don't know. The only reasonable US Spanish language stations on 92.1 given the skip pattern would be KSYR and WRLX and a Spanish Contemporary Christian format station in Texas, KCZO SW of San Antonio.
          Russ Edmunds
          WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

KSYR does not have a good web presence. I can't even find an actual Facebook page for them.
            Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

I know. The Shreveport ads - not in the posted clips - are very strong evidence. The posted clips contain nothing that clear cut that I can tell. It's also possible that this is a Univision promo which airs not only on their owned and affiliated stations, but others as well.
              Russ Edmunds
              WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

To further support that it's Shreveport, in clip 3 about 8 seconds in, is a phone number beginning with what sounds like 318; whatever that number is, it doesn't match area codes for WRLX, my semi-local.

Edit: Per Raymie's post, add to that, on its homepage is listed the wrong URL!

cd

Comment

Originally posted by cd637299 View Post
                  To further support that it's Shreveport, in clip 3 about 8 seconds in, is a phone number beginning with what sounds like 318; whatever that number is, it doesn't match area codes for WRLX, my semi-local.

Edit: Per Raymie's post, add to that, on its homepage is listed the wrong URL!

cd
                  That's the Shreveport area code.

And yes, I noticed the error too. There is a KYSR, but it's a prominent Los Angeles FM.
                  Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

The number in the 3rd clip is (318) 222-3122, which matches on this site: http://www.radiogroupshreveport.com/

Jon

Comment

Working...
                    X