More/the rest of Spanish Unid's from 14June2016 Oviedo, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More/the rest of Spanish Unid's from 14June2016 Oviedo, FL

Believe it or not I have another mess of Unid's from the 6+ hour, 14June opening from later in the day. Maybe some relogs, not sure but nothing I recognize as such. I was able to Id about a dozen from station Id's and the database and 10 or so from RDS captures. Again, I really appreciate the list members who help with these, for certain they would remain Unid-ed for me with out the support.
    Is there a website with current/semi current station info for Central American and Caribbean stations? Goggle has not helped me find one.

Craig Cook
    Oviedo, FL
    Sangean HDT-1
    APS-9 @ 25' agl
    Attached Files

Craig, do you have a 2010 copy of Emisoras de FM? It was only published as a PDF document. I can email it to you if you would like a copy. It includes México, Central America, and the Caribbean islands. Keep in mind it is now 6 years old and I am well aware there have been a lot of changes to the FM dial in those areas (especially MX & Central Am). PM me with an email address if you would like a copy.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
    Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
    Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

89.7: "CDN Radio" Santiago de los Caballeros, República Dominicana // 92.5 Santo Domingo

90.3 1926 - Area code 809 indicates RD (you might remember I identified a pirate using the area code as a name last year). Exchange 552 seems to be used for businesses in Punta Cana.

90.3 1922 - Ad for a Dra. Ana Santana, Av. Libertad 171. This combo points to Higüey and Magia 90.3 FM. Punta Cana is next to this town so your 90.3s are the same station.

91.3 1942 - "La 91 FM, nadie toca más variedad musical". Santo Domingo

91.3 1950 - Got nothing for you.

91.7 1827 - "91.7 FM, XEVA Noticias" - XHVA Villahermosa

91.7 1830 - "Cerrar una escuela sin autorización oficial es violentar el derecho de los niños" ... "Tabasco cambia contigo" - XHVA

91.7 1840 - Also XEVA

91.7 1906 - "La Estación de la Familia". WNNV San Germán PR. Cool jingle!

91.7 2250 - "Caracol Radio, Señal Satélite". A fast talker! Colombia ads. Likely at Riohacha on the Atlantic Ocean. Studio coords 11°33'04.8"N 72°54'33.6"W

91.7 2250b - "El Consejo Político de la Alianza Bolivariana para los pueblos de nuestra América se solidariza con Venezuela ante ataques de la derecha mundial..." "Barinas 91.7 FM, Santa Bárbara de Barinas, 93.3 FM" ... "RNV Informativa, la señal que recorre la Patria..." Radio Nacional de Venezuela, likely at Barinas (see RNV Informativa xmtr list). Barinas is located at 8°37'23.6"N 70°14'13.2"W. There are also 91.7s in this network at El Vigía, Mérida, and Maturín, Monagas. Maturín is in the northeast. El Vigía is to the west of Mérida and 97 miles west of Barinas.

91.9 1850 - "91.9" in a style that would be used on a grupera station. XHMET fits the PTA and the way your opening moved.

91.9 1856 - An environmental project of some sort

91.9 1900 - "Gobierno de Guatemala". Probably a PSA.

93.7 "Comienza tu día con salsa y bembé [?]" - Caribbean
      Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Thank you so much Raymie. First time I've heard Colombia in FM, when I had a TV set up, Colombia was a pretty regular visitor. Wish that opening had hung on a little longer, towards the end it was getting real interesting. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by WDX4CWC View Post
          Thank you so much Raymie. First time I've heard Colombia in FM, when I had a TV set up, Colombia was a pretty regular visitor. Wish that opening had hung on a little longer, towards the end it was getting real interesting. Thanks again.
          No kidding, you hooked in Venezuela too! I was expecting more Caracol Radio and instead to get a whole thing mentioning the chancellor (foreign minister) of Cuba and condemning attacks from the "global right" on Venezuela... If it's Barinas that's around a 1550-mile catch. Riohacha, as it happens, is on a straight line between Oviedo and El Vigía, and it's at 1300 miles.

The Colombia ads are for Movistar prepaid service and a soccer thing. At the end of Colombia immediately comes in "una mejor patria con valores de paz y solidaridad", the first hint of a Venezuelan. They've used this phrase on occasion.
          Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Working...
          X