No announcement yet.

6/14/16 Es Carribbean/Mexico/Central America - SS UNIDs - 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89.7 1102 ??? HION Santiago RD 1kw "Seviére La Radio", which is news-talk format. I'm not real keen on my SS, but at 1:17 it *sounds* like that's the ID for the station.***

89.7 1159 is HIAK Santiago RD 5kw "CDN La Radio" news-talk, with CDN ID (HIAK used to be "La Renuevo" about four years ago).

I see that didn't get updated in the DB so I took care of it.

***That's what I get for looking at OLD information. "Seviére La Radio" is an old slogan from many years ago. Raymie's comments below - thanks for clarifying the CDN radio id.
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 06-30-2016, 10:13 PM. Reason: Xtra info
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
    Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
    Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

88.7 1225 - Low milk prices impacting the Eastern Region. I think HILZ but...

88.9 1202 - "Disco 89" Santiago

89.1 1137 - Health or self-help?

89.5 1206 - Religious station, mentions of the Orlando shootings, no ID material

89.7 1102 - "lempiras", so Honduras. ABC Radio San Pedro Sula.

89.7 1159 - Mentions of elections on "May 15" and a march to the Dominican Medical College, among other headlines. CDN Radio 89.7 Santiago (not in DB)

89.7 1227 - Jovino Guzmán Batista, a religious preacher. RD. But who?

89.9 1223 - Two talk stations fighting, even some English. Mention of the Movimiento Revolucionario 14 de Junio which was an anti-Trujillo movement in RD in the 70s. No ID.

Originally posted by Jim Thomas View Post
      89.7 1102 ??? HION Santiago RD 1kw "Seviére La Radio", which is news-talk format. I'm not real keen on my SS, but at 1:17 it *sounds* like that's the ID for the station.
      "C-D-N Radio". CDN operates a radio network (key station: 92.5 Santo Domingo) and two TV stations (including a broadcast channel 37!)
      Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

I logged Santiago 3 times with different slogans/Calls:
        HION 7/15/09
        HIAR 4/23/10
        and now HIAK 6/14/16
        Is there in fact more than once transmitter in the Santiago area,
        or should this be counted once with the facilities having several slogan/call changes.
        Fred

Comment

One transmitter on 89.7 in Santiago de Los Caballeros. How you record the changes is up to you.

HION on 89.7 in Santiago was a relay until 2012. Their calls were HION-FM-6, slogan was CDN/Super Mix, and they were 500 watts. They relayed HION 92.5 from Santo Domingo.

In 2010, the relay switched to HIAR 102.9 Santo Domingo as a Raices FM relay (still 500 watts), their calls were then HIAR-FM-8.

In 2012 they were granted to go to a full power signal (5kw) and calls became HIAK. They switched back to CDN La Radio affiliation. By that time CDN had dropped the Super Mix slogan. HIAK is a full power station now and can carry Santiago ads/news rather than being a full time relay of Santo Domingo.
          Jim Thomas
          Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
          Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Thanks Jim for the 89.7 info.
            My practice is count a station in a city once regardless of
            if the station undergoes call/slogan/ownership changes.
            (and doesn't move their transmitter a significant distance or doesn't have a long hiatus
            period)...Fred

Comment

Originally posted by fredn-mcsc View Post
              I logged Santiago 3 times with different slogans/Calls:
              HION 7/15/09
              HIAR 4/23/10
              and now HIAK 6/14/16
              Is there in fact more than once transmitter in the Santiago area,
              or should this be counted once with the facilities having several slogan/call changes.
              Fred
              I've always had HIAK 89.7 as Radio Renuevo in Santo Domingo. A religious format. They have an internet presence. Probably your 1227 reception
              89.7 Santiago has been CDN La Radio news/talk. They ID with both 89.7 and 92.5. Heard them in my truck while munching lunch on the 14th. A few times years ago they would identify with what sounded like "Seviere" with a child's voice.

The 1102 clip is clearly Honduras with ABCradio.hn website mentioned at the end
              Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Thanks Randy. Fred, appears I had calls confused. 89.7 HIAK "Radio Renuevo" Santo Domingo "religion" has always existed and somehow I thought HION on 89.7 had changed calls. They never changed calls, just went to 5kw.

Extracted from the OFFICIAL list....
                89.7,HIAK,Santo Domingo,5 kw,Radio Renuevo FM,religion
                89.7,HION-FM-6,Santiago,5kw,CDN,news-talk
                Jim Thomas
                Springfield, MO EM37

Comment

Working...
                X