Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM Es unID - 6/25/17 (French)

Greetings everyone!

Was reviewing some recordings from earlier this summer, and I came across this one.
    Heard this on 93.5FM at about 2:15 on Sunday June, 25.

This came at the start of the Es event. Later that hour I had several confirmed logs to Kansas.
    Later that afternoon I had logs to KS, MO, and OK. And that evening I had logs to TX, OK, LA and AR.

I don't see any French-language stations on 93.5 in Kansas (surprise!) or anywhere in the Midwest in the WTFDA database.
    My guess is this is Canadian, and just part of a separate, short-lived cloud.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!
    Lee in VA

p.s.: I can't be sure, but there may be a station liner or ID in the last 10 or 15 seconds of the clip, so if you check this out, you might want to start there...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzefezxbu3...093-5.m4a?dl=0

Hi Lee,

"Toute l'équipe de votre Super Sagamie Pétro T vous souhaite un merveilleux..." is said at 00:11. That's a convenience store/gas station chain in Québec. There's also "Dans tous vos centres jardins Ferlac" at 00:38 and "La Couvée, 748-2828" at 01:17. The last ad at 01:20 is for Boutique Média Extra. Finally, there is the ID "à Chibougamau 93-5, Planète Radio" at 01:53, which makes the station CKXO.

Jon

Comment

Wow, that's awesome..thanks so much Jon!

I was thrown off by what I thought was the voice over in the ID was saying "quatre-vingt cinq" (85) which didn't make any sense. But now that you translated the ID, I can hear her saying "quatre-vingt TREIZE cinq" (93, 5)

Appreciate the thorough description! You must be pretty fluent in French, no?
      Thanks again!
      ~lc

Comment

French is my first language. So, yes, I am fluent.

Glad to help!

Jon

Comment

Working...
        X