Ms uniDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms uniDS

Tidying up some of the season's meteor scatter unIDs. Any leads are appreciated, with thanks.

88.3 - Sounds like "Side Effects (FX?) Public Radio 90.1" on May 15 at 1403 EDT.

98.3 - News in clip cites "Get Minnesota news stories all day at GoMN.com" but goMN only lists 95.3 and 96.3. On May 10 at 0916 EDT.

98.3 - Slogan here might start with something sounding like "Boom" but it's more clear with "Hits of the 70s 80s and whatever." Perhaps Ted FM in ND but not sure. May 11 at 1405 EDT.

98.3 - "...on KG-98" ... I suspect the station referred to is KGRA Jefferson IA. But not sure. And not sure of any connection to a station on 98.3. On May 11 at 0527 EDT.

102.3 - ID sounding like "V-102" on May 11 at 1534 EDT.
    Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

The 0527EDT on 98.3 is "KQ98" KQYB Spring Grove, MN.
    102.3 sounds like "Q102" which could make it KQNU Onawa, IA
    DX Radios:
    Sony XDR-F1HD
    Sony XDR-S10HDiP
    Tecsun PL-390

Comment

Thanks! Both of these are heard here fairly often by Ms. I can hear both clearly enough with your suggestions. So two down, with my appreciation. (I have close to 100 unIDs from this summer's Ms and Es... and after an absence of about a month-plus I'm getting the chance to listen to them "fresh").
      Saul Chernos
      Burnt River ON

Comment

88.3 - "Side Effects Public Radio 90.1" would be WFYI Indianapolis IN. Its a health initiative radio program, from Side Effects Public Media. WNIN 88.3 Evansville IN is listed in the web-page article link below as one of the partner radio stations...

http://sideeffectspublicmedia.org/about

98.3 1405 - I hear "Ted FM", which would be KXGT Carrington ND. I think the *oom* sound you're hearing is a distorted sound that is blending from other background sounds right before the FM.
        Jim Thomas
        Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
        Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
        Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

98.3 0916 - Regarding GoMN.com, I sent a Facebook message to the GoMN people, this is the reply I received just minutes ago, "I checked in with our technical guys, we don't have any translator stations. We broadcast out of Minneapolis and only operate 95.3 and 96.3. -Ryan M."

Saul, you were tuned to one of those two frequencies, not 98.3 FM.
          Jim Thomas
          Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
          Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
          Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Thanks, Jim.

Re GoMN - I called a few days ago. They used to have a 98.3 until September, or so one person told me. Didn't know the ID. I left a message with someone who should know but haven't heard back. I have strong semi locals on 95.3 and 96.3, so know it wasn't on those channels. It was definitely 98.3. Perhaps a promo?

Re the Side Effects Media. WNIN previously heard via Es and Au, so now I need it by Tropo, which should be do-able, to complete the trifecta! Lucky I got the 90.1 channel reference in the clip...

98.3 ... figured it'd be Ted FM. But my log likes certainty.

Thanks!
            Saul Chernos
            Burnt River ON

Comment

Working...
            X