Spanish-language unIDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish-language unIDs

The summer's Spanish-language unIDs. Any leads are appreciated, with thanks.

88.3 - Meteor scatter burst with Spanish, not sure if there's anything meaningful here but figured I'd ask. 15 May 2302 EDT.

90.1 - Es to TX-OK-AR with possible mention here of Odessa at 13 seconds. 12 June at 1208 EDT.

90.9 - Two Es clips, from different times, but announcer sounds the same. I suspect WJVI Wilson LA because I think I hear 'Familia' at 12 seconds of the first clip. But of course that would be a common word with (what sounds to me like) religious programming. 25 June at 1148 and 2007 EDT (first time may be in error).

94.7 - Es to TX-OK-AR with phone number. I hear two Cinco's (5) separated by what may be a double-digit number, and some 8's as well ... but nothing I can properly figure out. On 12 June at 1020 EDT.

95.5 - Es to TX-OK-AR with nothing that I can cull an ID from. I strongly suspect KAIQ "TriColor" in Wolfforth TX. 12 June at 1021 and 1022 (two consecutive clips attached).

98.1 - Spanish noted, nothing obviously IDable but I'm including this just in case. Don't often hear Spanish on the channel. 13 June at 1728 with Es to FL SC AL GA.

99.7 - ID sounding like "Estacion de los Razos" heard off-the-bat, and there was Es to KS and other midwest states at the time. So I suspect Belle Plaine KS. But KHLT is La Raza, and I am sure I hear Razos (or Brazos?). Thought I should check here before making any assumptions. 25 June at 1641.

101.9 - Suspecting stations in GA or TX but heard a wide swath of Es to the southern US. Not sure if anything here is IDable. 25 June at 1518 EDT.

103.3 - Suspecting KJOJ Freeport TX (Houston area) with what I'm hoping has something IDable in what is, er, um, interesting-sounding content. On 30 June at 2114.

106.7 - Hoping something is IDable here. Es from GA-TX-KS on 25 June at 1640.

With thanks for any leads!
    Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Saul, I will leave all the other unID to the experts; but as to the 98.1, based on the audio, I refer to this:

http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.p...light=Camaguey

cd

Comment

Thanks, Chris. I would go gaga over Cuba - that's be a new country here and an interesting thought. Never positively IDed anything in the Caribbean from here on FM. That said, my hunch is actually WNUE in Deltona FL. It has a Tropical format, and is Spanish-language, and within my Es area (single-hop) heard.

Burnt River is just a tad too far north for single-hop to Cuba, exceptional circumstances of very long single-hop notwithstanding. I've had Mexico almost yearly for the past few seasons. and I've had Alberta, west-central MT and western WY here this season, all over 1500. But I've never done over 1500 due south or southeast. And that includes Bahamas - never. (I've had Cuba on TV - but only when I had a tower years ago). I've had no FM Es whatsoever many times when DXers in southern ON were getting strong FM Es to south FL and Cuba. (I do get the Keys, but rarely).

BTW, glad to read your other posts, that you're safe and sound.
      Saul Chernos
      Burnt River ON

Comment

Hi Saul,

90.9 1148 is KSLU in Hammond, LA. "Aquí en el Rincón Hispano" is said at 00:09.

99.7 has "La estación de los madrazos" at 00:02. It's probably KHLT.

101.9 has "Super Mix 101.9" at 00:12. That's KSML in Huntington, TX.

Jon

Comment

Saul, thanks for your sentiments. No idea how far north from T.O. that Burnt River is....but I tend to think WNUE would sound too good for audio like you had on the 98.1. There is also the translator network in Ft. Myers area called "La Playa" of which one is on 98.1---but again, they don't sound that poor acoustically! Between the Camagüey 98.1 and the Radio Sancti Spíritus 94.5 (whose sound I think has improved since first listen on FM), I would listen to AM for sound improvement!

cd

Comment

Sounds like some sort of telephone link on the 98.1 but no ID material. The program is talk, potentially business talk.

The 103.3 is pretty darn interesting: there's some mention of sex in apartments, and then a reference to women's tennis matches. I think you can see how they might be connected. This sounds like a classic grupera morning or afternoon drive show, though.

The 94.7 phone has a 575 area code, which is eastern and southern New Mexico. It's probably KYSE as the AC would indeed apply to Las Cruces.

The 95.5 doesn't have any ID material!

The 88.3 is a section of a biblical teaching course: "I invite you to open your Bible to Revelation, chapter 20" (Revelation is known as Apocalipsis in Spanish). I don't know who it could be though.
            Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Thanks, Raymie.

Re 94.7 - Interesting. Do you hear anything that would rule out, say, KGRW Friona TX, which is within single-hop range and fits better with my OK-TX DX area. I did have a few down to Lubbock, but KYSE El Paso rings in at over 1700 miles and is somewhat south of the line of what I was getting. I'm not sure the clip contains enough to definitively log such an otherwise rare catch.

Re 103.3 - The sounds sounded like whipping sounds, not a tennis ball getting whacked. That tipped me off as to the content.

Re the others - Thanks for listening. It comes down to timing and sometimes it's just not there.

Thanks, Raymie, Jon and Chris!
              Saul Chernos
              Burnt River ON

Comment

Saul,

The 94.7 clip has a number beginning with (806) at 00:08 as well. That station must be KGRW in Friona, as it also serves the Clovis, NM area.

Jon

Comment

Thanks, Jon and Raymie,
                  Thinking hard on this one, the numbers are so weak, that I'm inclined to log it even though it could very well be KGRW. I would care somewhat less if it was a relog. But it's new, and that far west in TX is a good haul here (though I've had NM a few times). This one goes into the "keep trying" bin...
                  Really appreciate you, and the others, listening.
                  Saul Chernos
                  Burnt River ON

Comment

Saul,

I'm 99.9 % sure the station is KGRW. El Paso's area code is 915. All of eastern and southern New Mexico is 575. The 806 area code is a dead give away. I don't hear anything in the clip that points to El Paso.

BTW, I had Western Oklahoma, Amarillo and Lubbock around that time.

Jon

Comment

I'm sure the content fits. But I also noticed some English atop that, and it sounds like the Spanish station is quieter than the English one. It's been several months since the reception, and I'm going through my recordings stone cold. I very well might have had a second radio on in the DX cabin and momentarily taken out the headphones. September went awol on me and I was totally and completely out of DXing mode for the entire month. So I am no longer 100% sure of the circumstances. I had dismissed the English stuff earlier, but repeated listening convinces me it's likely a separate radio, and I no longer trust my having labelled the clip 94.7.
                      Saul Chernos
                      Burnt River ON

Comment

Working...
                      X