UNID Spanish on 88.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNID Spanish on 88.7

I have an 88.7 signal I need help ID'ing and I think there's probably enough evidence to do that.

QTH is Laramie, Wyoming. On Thursday July 25th, I had 89.5 KLUX Robbstown, TXAT 927am mountain time.

About an hour later, spanish popped up on 88.7 FM. I hear a lady talking, sounds like maybe a promo. Her voice and promo music end and fade out. Then some music comes on real strong for 40 seconds and it fades out

40 seconds later, the lady comes back and there's chatter as part of a group with a man. That lasts about 1 minute.

As the group chatter fades, I hear a guy say "Grupo.." at 2 minutes 25 seconds into my recording.

I initially thought it was all one station, but I'm leaning towards the music being one station, of which I have no clue what station it is... and the talking being Vision Hispana KVHI 88.7 Raymondville, TX

But I'm not sure it's KVHI at all. Any ideas? Here's the audio:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lGH...ew?usp=sharing

From DX'er Tim Hall in San Diego whos fluent in spanish:

I think you have another good one here... but it's unclear exactly which station(s) you heard.

First, do you hear the sort of "sucking" sound effect around 10 seconds? That's the sounder for the Radio Formula network. Unfortunately there are at least 2 Radio Formula affiliates on 88.7: XHJX Queretaro QTRO and XHEX Culiacan SIN.

I think you may have heard 2 stations, given the lack of continuity right after the Formula sounder. That complicates things a bit.

The "Grupo" mention you hear toward the end refers to a singing group, not a radio ownership group. As the signal faded out, they were saying that Grupo JNS would be playing a concert in August. I see that Grupo JNS played a concert in Queretaro *last* August, but they don't seem to be going back until November of this year. They don't seem to have played Culiacan at all.
    https://queretaro24-7.com/jns-alista...o-a-queretaro/
    https://twitter.com/grupojns?lang=en

So... I suspect the Grupo JNS mention came from a second station, not the Radio Formula
    If you search (Ctrl-F) that Twitter page for "agosto" you'll see several cities where they WILL be playing this August. It's possible your second station is from one of those cities. For example, my local XHITT is a possibility, since they will be playing in Tijuana. But there are quite a few other cities they will be playing in August.

Comment

The song in the middle is Menea Menea by Junior Klan (from 2001).

The date mentioned is August 3 and it's when Grupo JNS is releasing a new single — so you can't find a city for that one.

None of this makes sense as to who it could be. It's not going to be KVHI; this is not religious. The Radio Fórmula stations would both have been carrying the Maxine Woodside show, and they didn't promote any segments about JNS for their July 25 show.
      Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymie View Post

The date mentioned is August 3 and it's when Grupo JNS is releasing a new single — so you can't find a city for that one.

None of this makes sense as to who it could be. It's not going to be KVHI; this is not religious. The Radio Fórmula stations would both have been carrying the Maxine Woodside show, and they didn't promote any segments about JNS for their July 25 show.
        Raymie, i think theres 2 stations here.. the one talking and the one playing music.

The friend said the very beginning was a Radio Formula promo or something, with their sounder at the end of 10 seconds

So you dont think this is radio formula?

Comment

Hi Paul,

Radio Bilingüe aired a music program called Ritmos del Pueblo at that time.

KUBO in Calexico, CA & KMPO in Modesto, CA are both Radio Bilingüe affiliates.

Perhaps they could confirm the content of your clip.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by JonInFN03 View Post
            Hi Paul,

Radio Bilingüe aired a music program called Ritmos del Pueblo at that time.

KUBO in Calexico, CA & KMPO in Modesto, CA are both Radio Bilingüe affiliates.

Perhaps they could confirm the content of your clip.

Jon

Thanks Jon, I'll add it to my to do list.

I tend to think what i heard was Mexico or Texas based on what i heard earlier in the day and what my area seems to favor for eskip

Comment

Well, at the time of your reception, there were FM logs from CA to AZ, TX & Northern Mexico on the TVFM Skip Log. KUBO would be a good candidate based on the midpoints.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by JonInFN03 View Post
                Well, at the time of your reception, there were FM logs from CA to AZ, TX & Northern Mexico on the TVFM Skip Log. KUBO would be a good candidate based on the midpoints.

Jon

I was thinking that too. I had to leave the house for a bit so i missed stuff between 930 and 1030

Comment

Originally posted by Raymie View Post
                  Actually this one is the new version from "La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camacho": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnOhJyajvg. Usually Junior Klan songs are not played outside Gulf of Mexico "regional Mexican" radio stations.

And yes, that woman voice is unquestionably from Maxine Woodside. So, in this audio clip there are two stations, Radio Fórmula (Primera Cadena), and the music one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargadon View Post
                    Actually this one is the new version from "La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camacho": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnOhJyajvg. Usually Junior Klan songs are not played outside Gulf of Mexico "regional Mexican" radio stations.

And yes, that woman voice is unquestionably from Maxine Woodside. So, in this audio clip there are two stations, Radio Fórmula (Primera Cadena), and the music one.

Thank you very much Gargadon.... ive been a radio broadcaster for 16 years and listening back to the audio, it most certainly sounded like audio being simulcast from a tv station. ive heard tv audio on radio before and it just sounds flat and hollow.

Now, I just wonder what music station that was I heard..

There are two formula outlets on 88.7 so i dont yet know which one i heard and may never know.. but what station might have played the song?

Comment

Originally posted by RadioDJPaulWalker View Post
                      Thank you very much Gargadon.... ive been a radio broadcaster for 16 years and listening back to the audio, it most certainly sounded like audio being simulcast from a tv station. ive heard tv audio on radio before and it just sounds flat and hollow.
                      Well, you're not so wrong. Grupo Fórmula owns a cable TV channel called Telefórmula, and most of their radio shows are on simulcast in both radio and TV. I don't have a Radio Fórmula station near here, so I've never compared both TV and radio audios, but probably their main audio source is Telefórmula before being sent to their principal radio station in Mexico City.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargadon View Post
                        Well, you're not so wrong. Grupo Fórmula owns a cable TV channel called Telefórmula, and most of their radio shows are on simulcast in both radio and TV. I don't have a Radio Fórmula station near here, so I've never compared both TV and radio audios, but probably their main audio source is Telefórmula before being sent to their principal radio station in Mexico City.

Thanks for that info.

Now I just need to figure out who the music station was since it wasnt Formula

Comment

Any idea what station could've played that music from 13 to 57 secs?

I am really not familiar with mexican stations/formats/music, so while despite looking at the WTFDA FM DB at db.wtfda.org, I'm really not sure where to begin...WE know my Formula affiliate was one of two stations, so I'm gathering my music station was northern mexico?

Im just wanting to investigate all possibilities.. I'll contact Radio Bilingue when I can ,but wanted to see if anyone thought it might be a Mexican station

Comment

I sent a message to Lobos FM asking if the music I heard was XHLUAD and Their response below makes it seem like 88.7 lobos fm isn't running the same programming as the rest of the lobos stations or isn't even run by them?

Saludos la estación que mencionas no forma parte de nuestro grupo radiofónico, te invitamos a seguir nuestros enlaces atraves de www.lobos fm
                            Por otra parte la estación en esa frecuencia que Men unas es de corre regional o grupera.. En otras plazas o ciudades varia por ejemplo en otra ciudad es una estación de noticias, espero te ayude esta información #saludospaulW

Comment

That is a bit of an odd response; perhaps what you tried to say got lost in translation.
                              Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Working...
                              X