UNID Spanish on 88.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raymie View Post
    That is a bit of an odd response; perhaps what you tried to say got lost in translation.

Raymie, I think something did get lost in translation and that was their way of telling me it wasn;t Lobos FM that played the song. Here are further conversations on Facebook between me and the station:

Paul Walker: Hi Lobos FM.... so if i understand your response, the various Lobos FM run different programming and that it is not a network simulcast? so one lobos may run music and one lobos fm may run talk programming?

Lobos FM: no, la programación de lobos fm es unificada!!
    escuchas lo mismo ya que somos cadena
    por la que tu preguntas no es de nuestro grupo

Paul Walker: Ah, so the programming across all the Lobos FM signals is the same? I live very far away from mexico and am simply trying to track down a station I heard. I did not get a station Identification and your station, Kobos FM 88.7 was determined by me and some friends to be a possibility. I am sorry if my request and reasoning for asking was not clear. My apologies. Can you tell me if the Lobos FM network played Menea Menea" by La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camach on Thursday July 25th at 1129am central 1029am mountain? Thats all I really needed to know

Lobos FM: no no programamos bandas como esa el limon, la arrolladora, el recodo es para otro perfil distinto !!
    y si sera difícil encontrar específicamente esa que mencionas ya que acá hay muchas que si tocan grupos de banda o grupera como se le llama en México

Paul Walker: Thank you for clearing that up for me and explaining your programming. I apologize for not making my request clear earlier. Thank you for your time.

Lobos FM: gracias a ti por contactarnos y saber que podemos apoyar en algo !!
    un abrazo!!

Comment

Ah, yeah I would never have suspected XHLUAD for the grupera song.

88.7 is a comparatively empty frequency in Mexico and it has no grupera stations.

News/talk
      XHBI-FM in Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes
      XHEX-FM in Culiacán (Bellavista), Sinaloa
      XHJX-FM in Querétaro, Querétaro (these last two are R. Fórmula)

State network
      XHDAD-FM in La Piedad, Michoacán

Commercial pop
      XHGDL-FM in Guadalajara, Jalisco

University/college
      XHITT-FM in Tijuana, Baja California
      XHLUAD-FM in Gómez Palacio, Durango

Not on air yet
      XHPECP-FM in Chilpancingo, Guerrero
      XHPECR-FM in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
      XHTHP-FM in Tehuacán, Puebla

I know of a community pirate 88.7 in Tres Valles, Veracruz, but other than that it's kind of...dry.
      Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Ah, yeah I would never have suspected XHLUAD for the grupera song.

88.7 is a comparatively empty frequency in Mexico and it has no grupera stations.

News/talk
        XHBI-FM in Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes
        XHEX-FM in Culiacán (Bellavista), Sinaloa
        XHJX-FM in Querétaro, Querétaro (these last two are R. Fórmula)

State network
        XHDAD-FM in La Piedad, Michoacán

Commercial pop
        XHGDL-FM in Guadalajara, Jalisco

University/college
        XHITT-FM in Tijuana, Baja California
        XHLUAD-FM in Gómez Palacio, Durango

Not on air yet
        XHPECP-FM in Chilpancingo, Guerrero
        XHPECR-FM in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
        XHTHP-FM in Tehuacán, Puebla

I know of a community pirate 88.7 in Tres Valles, Veracruz, but other than that it's kind of...dry.

So im wondering, as jon suggested,.. is my mystery station one of the Radio Bilingue stations in CA?

Comment

Originally posted by RadioDJPaulWalker View Post
          So im wondering, as jon suggested,.. is my mystery station one of the Radio Bilingue stations in CA?
          Doesn't match the described music programming on 88.7.

I've contacted XHBI; that interview miiiiight be them. I do think it's a Mexican.
          Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Doesn't match the described music programming on 88.7.

I've contacted XHBI; that interview miiiiight be them. I do think it's a Mexican.

The talk at 1 minute 30 seconds into the clip is Maxine Woodside from RadioFormula... i know that already, at least thats what Gargadon confirmed earlier in this thread.

And you listed the 88.7's in mexico, saying the song didnt really fit any of their formats, so thats why i wondered if the music is Radio bilingue

It's the music station I am trying to nail down an ID of

Comment

La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camacho is from Sinaloa.

Here is a description of the program on Radio Bilingüe:

Ritmos del Pueblo

Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 10:00 am and 11 am to noon PT.
              A showcase of accordion and traditional “bandas” music from the Mexican states of Sinaloa, Zacatecas and Oaxaca. Also featuring boleros, sones, marimba and varied contemporary popular music. Announcers Spanish.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by JonInFN03 View Post
                La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camacho is from Sinaloa.

Here is a description of the program on Radio Bilingüe:

Ritmos del Pueblo

Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 10:00 am and 11 am to noon PT.
                A showcase of accordion and traditional “bandas” music from the Mexican states of Sinaloa, Zacatecas and Oaxaca. Also featuring boleros, sones, marimba and varied contemporary popular music. Announcers Spanish.

Jon

Thanks Jon.. i emailed Radio Bilingue over the weekend to see if it was on their music log for the day and am waiting response. It's likely KUBo, as you suggested then.. not bad for a 3kw FM

Comment

Working...
                X