X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadioDJPaulWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by JonInFN03 View Post
    La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camacho is from Sinaloa.

Here is a description of the program on Radio Bilingüe:

Ritmos del Pueblo

Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 10:00 am and 11 am to noon PT.
    A showcase of accordion and traditional “bandas” music from the Mexican states of Sinaloa, Zacatecas and Oaxaca. Also featuring boleros, sones, marimba and varied contemporary popular music. Announcers Spanish.

Jon

Thanks Jon.. i emailed Radio Bilingue over the weekend to see if it was on their music log for the day and am waiting response. It's likely KUBo, as you suggested then.. not bad for a 3kw FM

Leave a comment:

• JonInFN03
    replied
    La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camacho is from Sinaloa.

Here is a description of the program on Radio Bilingüe:

Ritmos del Pueblo

Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 10:00 am and 11 am to noon PT.
    A showcase of accordion and traditional “bandas” music from the Mexican states of Sinaloa, Zacatecas and Oaxaca. Also featuring boleros, sones, marimba and varied contemporary popular music. Announcers Spanish.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• RadioDJPaulWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Raymie View Post
    Doesn't match the described music programming on 88.7.

I've contacted XHBI; that interview miiiiight be them. I do think it's a Mexican.

The talk at 1 minute 30 seconds into the clip is Maxine Woodside from RadioFormula... i know that already, at least thats what Gargadon confirmed earlier in this thread.

And you listed the 88.7's in mexico, saying the song didnt really fit any of their formats, so thats why i wondered if the music is Radio bilingue

It's the music station I am trying to nail down an ID of

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioDJPaulWalker View Post
    So im wondering, as jon suggested,.. is my mystery station one of the Radio Bilingue stations in CA?
    Doesn't match the described music programming on 88.7.

I've contacted XHBI; that interview miiiiight be them. I do think it's a Mexican.

Leave a comment:

• RadioDJPaulWalker
    replied
    Ah, yeah I would never have suspected XHLUAD for the grupera song.

88.7 is a comparatively empty frequency in Mexico and it has no grupera stations.

News/talk
    XHBI-FM in Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes
    XHEX-FM in Culiacán (Bellavista), Sinaloa
    XHJX-FM in Querétaro, Querétaro (these last two are R. Fórmula)

State network
    XHDAD-FM in La Piedad, Michoacán

Commercial pop
    XHGDL-FM in Guadalajara, Jalisco

University/college
    XHITT-FM in Tijuana, Baja California
    XHLUAD-FM in Gómez Palacio, Durango

Not on air yet
    XHPECP-FM in Chilpancingo, Guerrero
    XHPECR-FM in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
    XHTHP-FM in Tehuacán, Puebla

I know of a community pirate 88.7 in Tres Valles, Veracruz, but other than that it's kind of...dry.

So im wondering, as jon suggested,.. is my mystery station one of the Radio Bilingue stations in CA?

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    Ah, yeah I would never have suspected XHLUAD for the grupera song.

88.7 is a comparatively empty frequency in Mexico and it has no grupera stations.

News/talk
    XHBI-FM in Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes
    XHEX-FM in Culiacán (Bellavista), Sinaloa
    XHJX-FM in Querétaro, Querétaro (these last two are R. Fórmula)

State network
    XHDAD-FM in La Piedad, Michoacán

Commercial pop
    XHGDL-FM in Guadalajara, Jalisco

University/college
    XHITT-FM in Tijuana, Baja California
    XHLUAD-FM in Gómez Palacio, Durango

Not on air yet
    XHPECP-FM in Chilpancingo, Guerrero
    XHPECR-FM in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
    XHTHP-FM in Tehuacán, Puebla

I know of a community pirate 88.7 in Tres Valles, Veracruz, but other than that it's kind of...dry.

Leave a comment:

• RadioDJPaulWalker
    replied
    That is a bit of an odd response; perhaps what you tried to say got lost in translation.

Raymie, I think something did get lost in translation and that was their way of telling me it wasn;t Lobos FM that played the song. Here are further conversations on Facebook between me and the station:

Paul Walker: Hi Lobos FM.... so if i understand your response, the various Lobos FM run different programming and that it is not a network simulcast? so one lobos may run music and one lobos fm may run talk programming?

Lobos FM: no, la programación de lobos fm es unificada!!
    escuchas lo mismo ya que somos cadena
    por la que tu preguntas no es de nuestro grupo

Paul Walker: Ah, so the programming across all the Lobos FM signals is the same? I live very far away from mexico and am simply trying to track down a station I heard. I did not get a station Identification and your station, Kobos FM 88.7 was determined by me and some friends to be a possibility. I am sorry if my request and reasoning for asking was not clear. My apologies. Can you tell me if the Lobos FM network played Menea Menea" by La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camach on Thursday July 25th at 1129am central 1029am mountain? Thats all I really needed to know

Lobos FM: no no programamos bandas como esa el limon, la arrolladora, el recodo es para otro perfil distinto !!
    y si sera difícil encontrar específicamente esa que mencionas ya que acá hay muchas que si tocan grupos de banda o grupera como se le llama en México

Paul Walker: Thank you for clearing that up for me and explaining your programming. I apologize for not making my request clear earlier. Thank you for your time.

Lobos FM: gracias a ti por contactarnos y saber que podemos apoyar en algo !!
    un abrazo!!

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    That is a bit of an odd response; perhaps what you tried to say got lost in translation.

Leave a comment:

• RadioDJPaulWalker
    replied
    I sent a message to Lobos FM asking if the music I heard was XHLUAD and Their response below makes it seem like 88.7 lobos fm isn't running the same programming as the rest of the lobos stations or isn't even run by them?

Saludos la estación que mencionas no forma parte de nuestro grupo radiofónico, te invitamos a seguir nuestros enlaces atraves de www.lobos fm
    Por otra parte la estación en esa frecuencia que Men unas es de corre regional o grupera.. En otras plazas o ciudades varia por ejemplo en otra ciudad es una estación de noticias, espero te ayude esta información #saludospaulW

Leave a comment:

• RadioDJPaulWalker
    replied
    Any idea what station could've played that music from 13 to 57 secs?

I am really not familiar with mexican stations/formats/music, so while despite looking at the WTFDA FM DB at db.wtfda.org, I'm really not sure where to begin...WE know my Formula affiliate was one of two stations, so I'm gathering my music station was northern mexico?

Im just wanting to investigate all possibilities.. I'll contact Radio Bilingue when I can ,but wanted to see if anyone thought it might be a Mexican station

Leave a comment:

• RadioDJPaulWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Gargadon View Post
    Well, you're not so wrong. Grupo Fórmula owns a cable TV channel called Telefórmula, and most of their radio shows are on simulcast in both radio and TV. I don't have a Radio Fórmula station near here, so I've never compared both TV and radio audios, but probably their main audio source is Telefórmula before being sent to their principal radio station in Mexico City.

Thanks for that info.

Now I just need to figure out who the music station was since it wasnt Formula

Leave a comment:

• Gargadon
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioDJPaulWalker View Post
    Thank you very much Gargadon.... ive been a radio broadcaster for 16 years and listening back to the audio, it most certainly sounded like audio being simulcast from a tv station. ive heard tv audio on radio before and it just sounds flat and hollow.
    Well, you're not so wrong. Grupo Fórmula owns a cable TV channel called Telefórmula, and most of their radio shows are on simulcast in both radio and TV. I don't have a Radio Fórmula station near here, so I've never compared both TV and radio audios, but probably their main audio source is Telefórmula before being sent to their principal radio station in Mexico City.

Leave a comment:

• RadioDJPaulWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Gargadon View Post
    Actually this one is the new version from "La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camacho": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnOhJyajvg. Usually Junior Klan songs are not played outside Gulf of Mexico "regional Mexican" radio stations.

And yes, that woman voice is unquestionably from Maxine Woodside. So, in this audio clip there are two stations, Radio Fórmula (Primera Cadena), and the music one.

Thank you very much Gargadon.... ive been a radio broadcaster for 16 years and listening back to the audio, it most certainly sounded like audio being simulcast from a tv station. ive heard tv audio on radio before and it just sounds flat and hollow.

Now, I just wonder what music station that was I heard..

There are two formula outlets on 88.7 so i dont yet know which one i heard and may never know.. but what station might have played the song?

Leave a comment:

• Gargadon
    replied
    The song in the middle is Menea Menea by Junior Klan (from 2001).
    Actually this one is the new version from "La Arrolladora Banda El Limón de René Camacho": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnOhJyajvg. Usually Junior Klan songs are not played outside Gulf of Mexico "regional Mexican" radio stations.

And yes, that woman voice is unquestionably from Maxine Woodside. So, in this audio clip there are two stations, Radio Fórmula (Primera Cadena), and the music one.

Leave a comment:

• RadioDJPaulWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by JonInFN03 View Post
    Well, at the time of your reception, there were FM logs from CA to AZ, TX & Northern Mexico on the TVFM Skip Log. KUBO would be a good candidate based on the midpoints.

Jon

I was thinking that too. I had to leave the house for a bit so i missed stuff between 930 and 1030

Leave a comment:

Working...
X