UnID Spanish ID on 95.9 7/21/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnID Spanish ID on 95.9 7/21/19

I was receiving Es to FL when an ID in Spanish took over 95.9 just before 4 PM CDT. I heard "Esta es CMFL", but couldn't find any stations with those calls. It's very possible that I misheard, as my Spanish isn't the greatest. Anyway, thank you all in advance for your help.
    Josh Moore - KG5JEL
    Mountain Home, Arkansas (EM36ui)
    Receivers:
    AirSpy-R2 (primary)
    Tecsun PL-880 (secondary and travel radio)
    Antenna:
    Innovantennas 17 element beam at 30 feet

Radiocubana, the license authority, recently assigned new calls to CMFR "Radio Ciudad del Mar". The new calls are CMFL. CMFL uses two frequencies on FM as their primaries - 98.9 and 106.3 in Cienfuegos (city). The 98.9 is actually the main one, the 106.3 is treated like a relay in a part of Cienfuegos (city) where 98.9 doesn't cover very well.

They have six relay stations that cover the province. The newest of these is 250 watt, 95.9 CMFL-6 Rodas, Cienfuegos. I made the adjustments in the FM database today.
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 08-26-2019, 10:47 AM. Reason: Corrections
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
    Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
    Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Ahh, that explains it. I checked the DB earlier but didn't see it. It must have been before the changes were made. Thanks for the help. I'm adding it to the log.
      Josh Moore - KG5JEL
      Mountain Home, Arkansas (EM36ui)
      Receivers:
      AirSpy-R2 (primary)
      Tecsun PL-880 (secondary and travel radio)
      Antenna:
      Innovantennas 17 element beam at 30 feet

Comment

Josh, Radiocubana seems to be shuffling call letter assignments with *partial time* stations and repeaters. What I mean by that is stations that originate their own programming part of the time (partial time) get their own call letters. Repeaters (simply relays) have the parent station call letters followed with a number (Ex. -1). Repeaters do not have any original programming.

Your log of 250 watt, 95.9 CMFL-6 Rodas, Cienfuegos calls are now CMFR-FM. They relay CMFL-FM part of the time. The only way to catch the CMFR calls would be at the top of the hour.

I am going through the Radiocubana documents this week. It appears they are busy with call letter changes. The Ministry of Communications in Cuba has recently redesigned their website and I might actually be able to start locating broadcast licenses for individual stations.
        Jim Thomas
        Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
        Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
        Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Thomas View Post
          Josh, Radiocubana seems to be shuffling call letter assignments with *partial time* stations and repeaters. What I mean by that is stations that originate their own programming part of the time (partial time) get their own call letters. Repeaters (simply relays) have the parent station call letters followed with a number (Ex. -1). Repeaters do not have any original programming.
          That seems to explain the strange change in Cuban listing sin WRTH 2019 where full networks have the same call letters on every station.

Comment

Working...
          X