Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnID French on 90.3 7/21/19

Hello all,

I just finished going through all my recordings from the Es on 7/21, but there's still one station I can't identify. I had what sounded like French on 90.3 for over a minute. I was receiving stations from FL up through the Carolinas and the Delmarva at the time.

The station I heard doesn't sound like a Canadian, and my paths weren't favoring areas that far north anyway. Another thought I had was that maybe I was hearing Creole on a Haitian pirate out of FL.

Does anyone know what this is? My French skills are next to nonexistent, so I have no idea.
    Attached Files
    Josh Moore - KG5JEL
    Mountain Home, Arkansas (EM36ui)
    Receivers:
    AirSpy-R2 (primary)
    Tecsun PL-880 (secondary and travel radio)
    Antenna:
    Innovantennas 17 element beam at 30 feet

Hi

Since you mentioned FL, I would lean toward WEJF Palm Bay FL, who has foreign language Christian programming on the weekend. This sounds like Creole more than French.

They only stream certain programs. You would have to email them via their site,
    wejf (dot) net

cd

Comment

OK, I have emailed the folks at WEJF with my reception. Now I guess I'll just have to wait to see if it's them or not.

edit

I just got a reply confirming that what I heard was indeed WEJF. Thanks for the tip, Chris.
      Last edited by JoshAR; 11-02-2019, 02:21 PM.
      Josh Moore - KG5JEL
      Mountain Home, Arkansas (EM36ui)
      Receivers:
      AirSpy-R2 (primary)
      Tecsun PL-880 (secondary and travel radio)
      Antenna:
      Innovantennas 17 element beam at 30 feet

Comment

Working...
      X