Ms unid 97.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms unid 97.9

Recorded overnight. I don't have a time on this one.
    I hear "a ___ media station" before it gets lost in another ping. There may be additional info in there so I included it.

Directly before this ping I received KRBB Wichita, KS which is i-heart so that rules that one out.
    If we can figure out what word he's saying before media it would nail it.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Justin W. - Coon Rapids, Minnesota (EN35)
    Most used radios in order: Sony XDR-F1HD, 2015 Nissan Rogue Stock Radio, Grundig G8, or Grundig S350.
    DTV dx: Insignia Tuner that everyone else has.
    DTV dx2: Vizio 24" DTV built in 2011 (hooked to Insignia).
    DTV dx3: Emerson 40" DTV built in August of 2015.
    FM Antenna: 4 Element Beam similar to the FM-6 just missing two elements.
    TV Antenna: RCA Suburban VHF-HI/UHF

"...Alpha Media radio station..." then I hear an ad for a jewelry store, which may be the same station. I *think* there is more than one Alpha Media station on 97.9, but a good candidate is KGNC Amarillo TX. But then, that's what my ears *hear* YMMV.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
    Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
    Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Dang. KGNC is a Es visitor here. The only other alpha would be Missouri which is still possible but too little to go on I think.
      Justin W. - Coon Rapids, Minnesota (EN35)
      Most used radios in order: Sony XDR-F1HD, 2015 Nissan Rogue Stock Radio, Grundig G8, or Grundig S350.
      DTV dx: Insignia Tuner that everyone else has.
      DTV dx2: Vizio 24" DTV built in 2011 (hooked to Insignia).
      DTV dx3: Emerson 40" DTV built in August of 2015.
      FM Antenna: 4 Element Beam similar to the FM-6 just missing two elements.
      TV Antenna: RCA Suburban VHF-HI/UHF

Comment

I'm not hearing Alpha at all, and the clip IMO is very difficult to my ears. But the word Media seems likely. A good info source I don't subscribe to is 100000watts.com, or whatever it is called nowadays. It lists ownership. Maybe other sources do that, as well. Might be an avenue to explore.
        Saul Chernos
        Burnt River ON

Comment

Originally posted by Saul View Post
          I'm not hearing Alpha at all, and the clip IMO is very difficult to my ears. But the word Media seems likely. A good info source I don't subscribe to is 100000watts.com, or whatever it is called nowadays. It lists ownership. Maybe other sources do that, as well. Might be an avenue to explore.
          Also www.radio-locator.com , although it needs help to update.

100000watts dot com is no más.

cd

Comment

I use fccinfo.com and search by station, in conjunction with the WTFDA FM DB, for likely matches. The fccinfo.com website will show station ownership and is free to use, unlimited. I probably listened to the clip 30+ times before I *believed* what I was hearing was Alpha Media. But then everyone's ears will hear something different. Even men hear something different than what their wife/girlfriend said to them, in the same room! :-)
            Jim Thomas
            Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
            Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
            Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Working...
            X