Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Thomas
    replied
    I use fccinfo.com and search by station, in conjunction with the WTFDA FM DB, for likely matches. The fccinfo.com website will show station ownership and is free to use, unlimited. I probably listened to the clip 30+ times before I *believed* what I was hearing was Alpha Media. But then everyone's ears will hear something different. Even men hear something different than what their wife/girlfriend said to them, in the same room! :-)

Leave a comment:

• cd637299
    replied
    Originally posted by Saul View Post
    I'm not hearing Alpha at all, and the clip IMO is very difficult to my ears. But the word Media seems likely. A good info source I don't subscribe to is 100000watts.com, or whatever it is called nowadays. It lists ownership. Maybe other sources do that, as well. Might be an avenue to explore.
    Also www.radio-locator.com , although it needs help to update.

100000watts dot com is no más.

cd

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    replied
    I'm not hearing Alpha at all, and the clip IMO is very difficult to my ears. But the word Media seems likely. A good info source I don't subscribe to is 100000watts.com, or whatever it is called nowadays. It lists ownership. Maybe other sources do that, as well. Might be an avenue to explore.

Leave a comment:

• SlcDX
    replied
    Dang. KGNC is a Es visitor here. The only other alpha would be Missouri which is still possible but too little to go on I think.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Thomas
    replied
    "...Alpha Media radio station..." then I hear an ad for a jewelry store, which may be the same station. I *think* there is more than one Alpha Media station on 97.9, but a good candidate is KGNC Amarillo TX. But then, that's what my ears *hear* YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• SlcDX
    started a topic Ms unid 97.9

Ms unid 97.9

Recorded overnight. I don't have a time on this one.
    I hear "a ___ media station" before it gets lost in another ping. There may be additional info in there so I included it.

Directly before this ping I received KRBB Wichita, KS which is i-heart so that rules that one out.
    If we can figure out what word he's saying before media it would nail it.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files
Working...
X