Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perseids UNIDs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Perseids UNIDs

    Any help is appreciated here.

    The first is a top of hour ID at 0200 this AM on 102.5. I just can't make it out.

    The second is an ad on 99.9 for a furniture store with some other identifying info thrown in. I'm doing research on this one, but someone may recognize it.

    Thanks for any help!

    Dave

  • #2
    Update: #2 solved

    #2 is KKPL Cheyenne with an ad for "The Sleep Store" in Fort Collins at S College and E Horsetooth. Hi JimT if your computer's back...

    Originally posted by Dave-OR
    Any help is appreciated here.

    The first is a top of hour ID at 0200 this AM on 102.5. I just can't make it out.

    The second is an ad on 99.9 for a furniture store with some other identifying info thrown in. I'm doing research on this one, but someone may recognize it.

    Thanks for any help!

    Dave

    Comment


    • #3
      That second one is a nice burn!
      I can't make out the 102.5 but it doesn't sound like call letters to me. Maybe a town name?

      I just reviewed again for the jillionth time one of my audios and I actually got a good id out of it. The only one for the entire shower.. But if anyone else hears something otherwise feel free to correct me. I hear "Country 101.7 The Bull" which according to 100,000 watts.com would be KBKB Ft Madison, IA. What do you think Dave?
      Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

      Comment


      • #4
        It's funny - when I listen to the 102.5 on one of my PC's, it sounds like "...2.5, K***, (City)", but on the other it doesn't sound like calls at all. That's why I hope by posting someone will hear something different .

        On yours, it does sound quite a bit like what you say. I do count by slogan match _if_ there aren't any other logical targets in the 300-1300 mile range that might count. Sounds like you're pretty sure, so if it were me I'd probably go ahead and log it. The nice thing (or maybe annoying thing) is, if you get a station via Ms once, you'll probably (later) get it a dozen more times. Then you'll really know for sure!

        One of the reasons I don't DX 102.5 much any more, even though it's wide open, is that on a typical night KNIX and KTRR will each show up maybe 5-10 times with Phoenix/Denver ads. But I've pretty much used up all of the easy freqs here - trying for more difficult catches now on freqs I've DX'ed to death previously.

        Dave

        Originally posted by Randy KW4RZ Florida EM60
        That second one is a nice burn!
        I can't make out the 102.5 but it doesn't sound like call letters to me. Maybe a town name?

        I just reviewed again for the jillionth time one of my audios and I actually got a good id out of it. The only one for the entire shower.. But if anyone else hears something otherwise feel free to correct me. I hear "Country 101.7 The Bull" which according to 100,000 watts.com would be KBKB Ft Madison, IA. What do you think Dave?

        Comment


        • #5
          102.5 Kiot?

          Dave,

          To me it sounds like 102.5 KIOT - Los Lunas, NM.
          It sounds like they say "...2.5 is KIOT Los Lu..."

          That's what my guess is. I went into Radio-Locator.com and typed in K**T and it will come up with everything that starts with a K and ends with a T.



          Originally posted by Dave-OR
          It's funny - when I listen to the 102.5 on one of my PC's, it sounds like "...2.5, K***, (City)", but on the other it doesn't sound like calls at all. That's why I hope by posting someone will hear something different .
          Chris Cervantez
          Mesquite, TX | EM12qt

          Sony XDR-S10HDiP

          Comment


          • #6
            101.7 Kbkb

            Randy,

            I can get 101.7 KBKB here quite a bit and it sounds like them. It's the same voiceover guy and he announces it the same way...so I'm betting it's KBKB.



            Originally posted by Randy KW4RZ Florida EM60
            I hear "Country 101.7 The Bull" which according to 100,000 watts.com would be KBKB Ft Madison, IA. What do you think Dave?
            Chris Cervantez
            Mesquite, TX | EM12qt

            Sony XDR-S10HDiP

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Chris.

              I had the "KI-yOTe" a few other times in the past few days so it makes sense. I just could not pull the calls out from under the noise on my crappy sound card!

              btw, that's my absolute fave feature of radio-locator.com. That and the ability to generate a translator list for a station.

              Dave

              Originally posted by chris
              Dave,

              To me it sounds like 102.5 KIOT - Los Lunas, NM.
              It sounds like they say "...2.5 is KIOT Los Lu..."

              That's what my guess is. I went into Radio-Locator.com and typed in K**T and it will come up with everything that starts with a K and ends with a T.

              Comment


              • #8
                KIOT would be my "guess" too. Perhaps there's a bit of another station mixing in when the call letters are said and that's why to me it sounds like "2.5 is Kanhatiggy" Los Lu_s" I have one of these type recordings from 99.1 that I've been listening to over and over.....and :banghead: sounds like KQKM, KUTM, KUTL or something like that, and it tried to key RDS. I know I posted this but here it is again:


                Originally posted by Dave-OR
                Thanks Chris.

                I had the "KI-yOTe" a few other times in the past few days so it makes sense. I just could not pull the calls out from under the noise on my crappy sound card!

                btw, that's my absolute fave feature of radio-locator.com. That and the ability to generate a translator list for a station.

                Dave
                Last edited by KW4RZ; 08-15-2005, 08:56 PM.
                Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

                Comment


                • #9
                  I hear KUTM... almost sounds like two stations mixing (music in foreground drops off quickly to station with calls). But I agree - it's garbled, as Ms often is :-(.

                  Originally posted by Randy KW4RZ Florida EM60
                  KIOT would be my "guess" too. Perhaps there's a bit of another station mixing in when the call letters are said and that's why to me it sounds like "2.5 is Kanhatiggy" Los Lu_s" I have one of these type recordings from 99.1 that I've been listening to over and over.....and :banghead: sounds like KQKM, KUTM, KUTL or something like that, and it tried to key RDS. I know I posted this but here it is again:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    99.9 unID

                    It`s pretty clear, ``..northeast corner of South College and East Horsetooth, in the square behind Chili`s```

                    Horsetooth? Google search on East Horsetooth landed a lot of hits for Fort Collins, CO. I did not pursue further with maps, etc., but there is bound to be a College street there too. OTOH, there can`t be very many Horsetooth streets anywhere else.

                    73, Glenn Hauser

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks Glenn - this is KKPL Cheyenne WY, which is really a Ft Collins CO station, barely acknowledging its city of license :-)

                      http://www.999thepoint.com/

                      Dave

                      Originally posted by Glenn Hauser
                      It`s pretty clear, ``..northeast corner of South College and East Horsetooth, in the square behind Chili`s```

                      Horsetooth? Google search on East Horsetooth landed a lot of hits for Fort Collins, CO. I did not pursue further with maps, etc., but there is bound to be a College street there too. OTOH, there can`t be very many Horsetooth streets anywhere else.

                      73, Glenn Hauser

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks Chris & Dave for your ears. I managed to log a few via Ms over the Perseids. Found one Mexican id in an audio from Aug 13 that I overlooked.
                        Just got another tonight on 93.9 that sounds like "Cat Country" but I see there is no slogan like that on 93.9 so I guess it's another mystery. It was just too weak.

                        I posted all my best Ms audios that I saved on my online log

                        http://www.geocities.com/kw4rz/log.html
                        Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Randy,

                          It sounds to me like it says "Today's Best Country".

                          Originally posted by Randy KW4RZ Florida EM60
                          Just got another tonight on 93.9 that sounds like "Cat Country" but I see there is no slogan like that on 93.9 so I guess it's another mystery. It was just too weak.
                          Chris Cervantez
                          Mesquite, TX | EM12qt

                          Sony XDR-S10HDiP

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You're right Chris, it does sound like "Today's Best Country". Thanks!
                            That could be KOYN Paris, TX but then again other stations might say that in their slogans. It's too generic. I won't log that one as an id.
                            Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Perseid unIDs

                              I have listened to the various recordings all of you posted. This forum's ability to hosst these is wonderful. Anmd it was nice to hear others' DX. I loved in particular the 99.9 ad with a Horsetooth street, and the 101.7 the Bull. I will have to get a decent digital recorder and figure out how to edit the audio, etc...

                              Saul
                              Back in Toronto
                              Saul Chernos
                              Burnt River ON

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X