Randy asked for it - an Ms UNID!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy asked for it - an Ms UNID!

97.3, this AM, Ms, from Central OR. Can't quite make out either the phone company name or athletic club mentioned in the clip, other than "<something> City Telephone". Doesn't sound like Garden City to me, though that would make sense for KKJQ.

Help?

Dave

A followup...

On the audio editor, this recording actually looks like Tr, and it could be KZTQ Carson City NV. Anybody get Carson City out of it? Would be my first NV via tropo (346 miles).

Dave

Comment

An MS unID

Sounds like "Clare City" or "Clear City" Telephone; sounds like "Martone A. C." . Might have to go downstairs and filter this one.
      Russ Edmunds
      15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
      WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
      Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
      Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
      all w APS9B @ 15'
      Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

Hey Dave! It sounds like an ad for "Claire City" or "Clay City" Telephone. Doesn't sound like Garden City to me at all. They must be a complete communications provider with talk about DSL internet connections and they are a proud sponsor of what sounds like "McKenny or McKenna Athletics". It may not be the city name but perhaps only the business name. There is a Claire City in South Dakota but the population is only 85 and no 97.3 in the immediate area. Quite a bit comes up on Google for them though. It's in northeast SD. Clay City in Illinois and Indiana but that's out of range. Nothing is falling into place the way positive ID's come together with Google, 100,000 watts, etc. Maybe someone else could get more out of this Ms burn.
        Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Thanks Guys...

I'm set for some googling!

Couple more on 97.3 last night, relogs. CIRK Edmonton with a traffic report, KBLR Blair NE with a club listing for Lincoln.

Dave

Comment

MS unID

I can't get any more out of it with Cool Edit. "Clare", "Clay", "Clary" "Clair" all come up blank on Google and also on except for SD as Randy mentioned. Nothing of use on various permutations of "Martone" or "McKenna" Athletics either.
            Russ Edmunds
            WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Nice work, Dave. In the last 3 days I've had 3 id's on 93.9.... and they're all WAVC Mio, Michigan A partial slogan id, then a 5 second burn with mid-Michigan medical facility info, then a nice burn with slogan id. If they were on Yes.com I'd bet that a good many of the country music burns are WAVC also. I'm hoping to snag Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky on this freq for new states. I may have had WKTG Madisonville, KY (western KY) the other day but this audio recording attached is not enough to convince me. What do you guys think? How often do you get stations less than say 15kw via Ms? All the Indiana's are low power on 93.9.

Comment

Low(er) powered Ms

Hi Randy,

Can't get enough out of the presumed KY to tell...... :-(.

However, I will say that I regularly catch 6KW stations via Ms, and sometimes 3KWers. I'll have to check my records to see the lowest power I've grabbed. My guess will be something on 100.1; I know there are a lot of lower-powered stations on that frequency. KBFZ Kimball NE is one that I think is at most 3KW.

Dave

Comment

MS unID

Randy, I clearly hear
                  "...in the Lexington, Kentucky area, must have a valid CB license...". That doesn't seem like Madisonville would run that. Closest 93.9 to Lexington would be WSEK Burnside KY, I think.
                  Russ Edmunds
                  WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Thanks Russ, I'm not counting it since it's one of those ads that could be on any area station including WSEK or perhaps one of the neighboring states.. But what I hear right after the old tyme type song is "delivers western Kentucky area, must have class A CDL..then another station mixes in for a second and it drops out.

Comment

MS UnID

Listened to it again - while what we each heard is close in terms of the sounds, the meaning is much different, but I'm now inclined toward your wording, in which case could be one of a few stations.
                      Russ Edmunds
                      WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Who here is a big sports fan? Can anything be made of this burn on 93.9... It's a Indiana game. Can it be associated with any particular station on 93.9? I'm not sure who is playing but perhaps someone can make it out. This was at 11:20 central time Oct 08. The second station with a song burst in there "Police- Every Breath You Take" matched the playlist on CIDR Windsor, ON.

Comment

unID 10/8

Here's the IU FB station list - no 93.9's on it. So either you had a parallel operation which might be determined via FM Atlas or www.100000watts.com or maybe it was the opponent's station ? They're playing Illinois.
                          Russ Edmunds
                          WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Thanks Russ. I guess it could be any of several stations up that way that run sports. Perhaps even WAVC in Michigan.

Comment

MS unID

Just realized I didn't include the link to the IU FB list. At least that way you might find a parallel by cross-checking. It's

http://iuhoosiers.collegesports.com/...dia.html#radio

and here's Illinois' also

http://fightingillini.collegesports....FBRadioNetwork

WYEC in Kewanee ( Chris C's home ) is listed for Illinois.
                              Russ Edmunds
                              WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Working...
                              X