Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lighter side of unids

Guys,

Sometimes you just have to laugh. I'm still reviewing my logs from the evening of 7/9 and am coming up empty on a complete 45 minute stretch and not to say there isn't anything there, just no IDs or clues. Included is the Royals side of a Royals/White Sox game on 95.3. It seems there are two possible stations as the Royals have two affiliates on 95.3 (one in KS and another in IA). It never lasts long enough for an inning break and it could very well be both of them as the tonal quality is different, one is a little brighter with highs.

Anyhow, I then ran across this little clip where two stations are giving phone numbers in two different ads at the same time while the fade is quickly switching between them. When I heard that, I laughed, tossed the headphones aside and took a break.

I thought I would share it with you for a bit of comedy. I don't expect anyone to get anything out of this other than a laugh. This hobby is great.
    K3PHL - Steve W
    Milford Square, PA (near Allentown) (FN20)

Sony XDR-F1HD, Sony XDR-S3HD, Denon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1, Tecsun PL-310
    APS-9B @ 33'
    http://home.comcast.net/~k3phl

If I heard that originally, not only would I toss off the headphones, I'd prolly retire from the hobby, hitting the site of my head with my hand.

cd

Comment

Murphy's Law applies to FM DXing all the time.
      Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Here's one for ya..
        Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

A Royals headache?

Been there done that...

My guess on 95.3 - and it's pure and utter speculatoion - is you had both Royals' affiliates doing the ads. Did you get any echo effect before or after when the game was on?

Saul
          Saul Chernos
          Burnt River ON

Comment

Working...
          X