Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88.1 unids - 8/2 Es

The first one is a broken English religious shouter @ 1700

The second one has all sorts of local info but none of it hits on Google - program names, hosts, etc.

Third has one of the Marsalis family of jazz musicians doing a promo for "FM 88.1"

Finally is "Today's Adult R & B on 88.1 and 98.9". Somebody ought to be able to get this based on the format and frequencies alone.

Skip was all over the place, from FL to TX, so it's hard to tell on any one clip what the skip area might have been.
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

The first one is just completely bizarre, lol.

The second one I hear "Straight Talk with Darell Foster & Wynna Faye", which has a positive match to 89.5 KOPN in Columbia, MO. The program they mention that follows them "Kore Issues" also checks to their website program schedule. I don't see a translator or simulcast listed. Do you think this might have been 89.5 vs. 88.1?

My best guess on third is KNTU 88.1 McKinney, TX, can't say for sure obviously.

I'd guess the last R&B one is 88.1 KAYT Jena, LA, which runs the format and has a 250 watt translator in Monroe, LA on 98.9.
    Last edited by NickNJ; 08-03-2008, 05:30 PM.

Comment

It took a little searching. KAYT Jena, LA matches. They have a translator on 98.9 in Monroe K255BT

http://www.kaytfm.com/?m=about
      Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Seems I can't do this without getting one on the wrong frequency. My notes clearly show 89.5 but when I typed it into the log I just continued with 88.1. That would be KOPN then. Thanks !

KAYT makes sense as I picked an ID out from them later.

And I really didn't expect anyone to figure out the first one unless they'd heard it live and it lasted longer than my skip did - that clip was all of it.

Thanks, Nick & Randy !
        Russ Edmunds
        15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
        WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
        Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
        Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
        all w APS9B @ 15'
        Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

Working...
        X