MS unid 92.9 8/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS unid 92.9 8/9

This is about as fragmentary as it gets.

I get a substantial number of RDS hits on the Esslinger software where the PI code maps to a station on another frequency. Every once in a while, I get one which actually matches up to the frequency I've had the tuner set on.

This screen shot features one of both - The later hit ( 1435 EDT ) is 7AC3 which shows as WOLF-FM-96.7. The earlier PI hit is 6687, which is WGTZ-92.9-OH. So, I check out the corresponding unattended recording, and indeed there is a meteor ping at precisely that time, but there's nothing but music in it. Worse yet, Ohio would be a new state.

My only hopes are that someone can identify the song, and that it maps out on yes.com.

BTW, Ohio would be a new state here...
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Indeed it is WGTZ, as on yes.com at 11:40 AM they played Gin Blossoms "Til I Hear From You", and the youtube video on yes.com for the song exactly matches the part of the song in your clip (as does the lyric in your clip "Whatever they've sold me") Nice catch!

Comment

Wow ! I had considered it a real longshot that that station would show up on yes.com. Thanks !
      Russ Edmunds
      15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
      WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
      Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
      Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
      all w APS9B @ 15'
      Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

Working...
      X